Piggybacking off an account from someone.

wet9500

:?:

How much will this help improve credit my mom told me she would add me as an authorized user on 2-3 of her accounts to try and help my credit improve would this be a good idea to do. and will it report to my CRA reports also

Also what type of accounts should I get her to put me on

I have 2 current car payments both are I-1 ratings and one CC which is a R-1 rating

Thanks guys

1) You have to check with the individual creditors to see if they report Authorized Users to the CRA's.

2) You have to make sure you're being put on as an AU, and not being made a joint account holder. Many customer service reps don't know the difference between the two.

3) A lengthy positive history, and balances under 34% of the credit limit will help bump your score.

• 4 months later...

Almost always, yes. When the tradeline is initially created the entire account and it's history is sent over. I think it may vary by creditor though. Most send over the entire account every time they even update existing tradelines, but some may only report incrementally somehow. I think they're supposed to send the whole thing over, but for some reason a few slip through incomplete.