OC changed the status of the listing after four years...

muneca2

A month ago I disputed a charge off with the cra(TU) with a wrong account number. the listing was deleted after a while, this listing was charge off sometime in may 2000, now the OC turned around a change the listing to CA.(midland)

Now, I have some questions: Is that legal? is in any way a violation? and the more important question: Can I get rid of the OC and HOW????after all the listing was already deleted....

I am kind of confuse with the SOL, here in florida is 4 years...Can the SOL help me in anyway?

muneca2...

:shock:

To make sure I understand....the OC is now gone from your CR, but instead you have the same account listed by a CA...right?

Sounds like the OC sold the account to a Junk Debt Buyer (JDB) and they're now on your CR. You can send them a DV, hoping that they can't validate. If it does come back validated, then send them another letter pointing out that this debt is beyond SOL. (You wouldn't want to do this in the first letter because you're sorta admitting the debt is yours...you want them to try to prove it.)

As for the SOL itself, it won't help with the credit reports and it won't stop the CA from listing it. They can try to collect until Florida freezes over. It will however provide you with a valid defense should they take you to court.