PLS ADVISE; 401K/Pension/Life Insurance

LekiaHall

Any advice is appreciated. I filed Chapter 7 on 12/15 and must turn all of my schedules in by 12/27/04. The problem: I'm unable to get the 401K, pension and life insurance values of my husband's policy. The company is giving me the run around, claiming that a Pin# is needed. We never rec'd one and getting a new one takes 5 business days. Is there anything I can put on the forms if I can't get this info by Monday?

Sorry to wait till the last minute like this, but I was hoping someone else with more knowledge would answer. IMHO, I'd go ahead and list the fact that these things exist, with a TBD under the value.

In many states, 401k, other types of pensions, on life insurance (not cash value, but benefit) are all or partially exempt, so the actual number may not be an issue...but...be sure to get the numbers before your 341 meeting which won't be for 6 - 8 weeks. That way, if they're not exempt, and the trustee asks, you can fill in the blanks then. Also be sure to have a prepared explanation for why the numbers weren't listed in the first place.

Sorry to wait till the last minute like this, but I was hoping someone else with more knowledge would answer. IMHO, I'd go ahead and list the fact that these things exist, with a TBD under the value.

In many states, 401k, other types of pensions, on life insurance (not cash value, but benefit) are all or partially exempt, so the actual number may not be an issue...but...be sure to get the numbers before your 341 meeting which won't be for 6 - 8 weeks. That way, if they're not exempt, and the trustee asks, you can fill in the blanks then. Also be sure to have a prepared explanation for why the numbers weren't listed in the first place.

Thanks for the advice. I've been going crazy trying to figure this out. On the schedules when it asks for the totals should I omit this amount and put an asterisk saying that the amount is dependent on the pension/401K info?