Need help on goodwill letter to a utility company

I plan on sending this "goodwill" letter via Planet Feedback (PFB) within the next day ... Please provide feedback and help me improve the letter.

Dear [CEO/PR]

I was a [utility Company] customer from [Month & Year] to [Month & Year]. During the time I was as a [utility Company] customer, my overall experience was positive. Sadly, my experience with [utility Company] at the moment is causing me a great deal of stress.

While I was reviewing my credit files in preparation for a mortgage, I found out that [utility Company] has been reporting my account to the major three credit agencies with a negative status (some of which is inaccurate). I have been working patiently with [utility Company] [Department] to resolve the situation, but the reporting problems have just gotten worse. Their most recent attempt at fixing my account reporting dropped my credit scores nearly 100 points!

I am writing to see if you would be willing to make a “goodwill” adjustment to your reporting to the major three credit agencies and have the account deleted. I am trying to qualify for a good rate on a mortgage, and this goodwill gesture would help out a lot.

I am in this situation with [utility Company] to begin with because I didn’t receive a final bill when I closed my account. When I found out there was a balance due, I paid it shortly thereafter. I say that not to justify why the final payment was late, but rather to show that the final payment is not a good indicator of my actual credit worthiness.

I have been a very happy customer in the past and hope to continue a long relationship with [utility Company] when I return to [City & State] in the next few months.

I look forward to your reply.

Sincerely,

[Customer]

I was wondering however if it should be worded just a little bit more strongly.

If the goodwill approach fails, I will followup with an ITS and file in small claims court. I am hoping to avoid this being as I would have to file in California (using California FDCPA laws) and am currently in Texas.

Planet Feedback Bounced :(

As of January 1, 2005 this utility company has a new CEO. I found the new CEO's email address, but it bounced as well.

At this point I may have given up, but I was a little tweaked. I won't bore you with the technical details, but I did find the email address for the new CEO. :twisted:

I am going to wait until I get a response and then post more info.