Does FCRA still apply in reinsertion of items?

Silver

I'm helping a friend repair his credit. Late pays were deleted from three accounts in November on his EQ report. He pulled his EQ report yesterday from myfico and the lates are there again.

Can I still get EQ for the FCRA violation about having to give five days notice before reinserting an item? This hasn't changed has it?

I wish I knew a good place to find out exactly what FACTA means to credit repair now.

Here's a great FACTA discussion:

http://www.debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=22873&highlight=facta

Any item that has been removed from a report and you have a letter saying "xxx item has been deleted", then it's a reinsertion if it's put back in the file...and they have to give you written notice (which I've NEVER heard of them doing).

You need to have your friend write them a letter stating this. Tell them to delete it and make sure it does not reappear.