Too late to request validation?

Kylie

Hello all...its been a LONG TIME.....

Unfortunately I was served with a "summons/notice to appear" on Dec 7th for a pre-trial conference...on Jan 5th. Old debt that is now with a CA. Is it too late at this point to request validation?

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!!!!

So what will happen if I shoot off a request for validation at this point? And as far as interrogatories go....there aren't any that I can tell...there is nothing in the paperwork about a response, etc. Is this "pretrial conference" different from being sued? We're supposed to meet with a mediator.

Is this the time to settle? DOL was 5/00 and I'm in FL.

So what will happen if I shoot off a request for validation at this point? And as far as interrogatories go....there aren't any that I can tell...there is nothing in the paperwork about a response, etc. Is this "pretrial conference" different from being sued? We're supposed to meet with a mediator.

Is this the time to settle? DOL was 5/00 and I'm in FL.

Que-When you request that they validate the debt via the DV method you are forcing them to comply with Federal and State law. By law they aren't even allowed to pursue any collection practices until they prove that the debt their trying to collect is valid. Send the DV letter give them 30 days and if they can't validate it then send a follow up give them 15 days and then proceed to take legal action along with contacting the CRA and let them know that the CA failed to validate this alleged debt. If you have to appear in court before then let the judge know that you are in the process of validating whether this debt is accurate.

If it is shown that they can't validate this debt then their fight in court is useless.

Hope this helps.

P.S. I think in Florida an account can remain on your report for approximately 7 years. Don't try to settle until they validate this debt first.