bank cards (CC) or store cards??

ie please rank the following list, noting any exceptions or worthy points

1) Providian

2) Capitol One

3) CitiBank

4) Walmart

5) Burdines (FDS)

6) Sears

in specific who is most likely to sue (as in I need to settle with them the fastest) and who would have the least impact if I carried their negs longer?

It also might not be a bad idea to call them and speak with an account manager, to see if you could possibly work something out in a hardship program or something of that nature.

Most of the time they will be alot more willing to work with you if you make some sort of an attempt to make good on your account(s).

Never hurts to try. :wink:

Why would calling be helpful? Wouldn't you want a paper trail on this one to make sure all is kept legal and the OC/CA is doing what they said?

Well, sure. A paper trail is great. But theres no reason he cant call and talk to an account mgr., get thier name/direct ext. or whatever and then send a letter with the discussed arrangements. :)

I guess this is just a case of the squeakiest wheel getting the grease. Or more likely the one who works with me the most gets paid (settled) the first. I just wanted to check with some of the experts on the site before acting on this.

Talking on the phone with these dilapidated lepars is just NOT an option. I have a hot and quick temper that will have me trying to travel through phone lines to ... well you get the point :twisted:

called providian and they said acct was closed and to contact alliance one.

I am thinking alliance one is CA, I would rather work through OC as I have gathered it is the best thing to do from this site.

If OC refused to deal with me or accept any offer of any type can I get the same results (reduced fair, adjustment to credit status) by working through the CA.

Account CR is still providian.

anyone dealt with Alliance One. are they realtively straight shooters or just another shady operation.

Are all these charged off? Just how behind ARE you? That would make a difference.

Capital One will sue with little doubt. Providian and Sears will give the account to someone who will most likely sue. Not sure about the others.

If any of them are still open, I'd try to work with them by calling.