I dont know where to start

jackwins

First off, thank you all for your feedback on the "Lexingtonlaw.com" post. I have decided not to use them and do it myself.

Here is my situation. I live in Missouri, my credit report shows a few charge offs, many transferred accounts to collection agencies, and one judgement. I have settled & paid many, as well as paid the total balance of a few of the accounts, even the judgement was settled & paid. That was approx. 3 years ago. The judgement was paid last year.

(I know this sounds too easy)I just want to get the paid accounts removed from the CR's. Where do I start? Is there a letter template that I can use? Any help would be appreciated.

Jackwins

Always start off by disputing them as not yours. There are templates at the top of the page under *sample letters*. If they verify the account(s), dispute something else within the account such as balance, date opened, account #...things of that nature.

Welcome btw :)

You also want to remember that keeping good and accurate records of your disputes and responses is just as important. You want to send your disputes off in rounds. For example, get all of your letters typed up and ready to go. Dispute all of your CRA reports as not mine, let the CRA prove that it is in fact your trade line. Wait until you get all of your responses back and close out the round. Then start on round two, three and so forth using a different dispute reason each time. Eventually you might have to get a little creative due to some trade lines are just stubborn and always come back verified.