Multiple NCO inquires...

Heironymous

I am currently in a credit mess, I was out of work from april-july and got behind on most of my credit cards, I never caught back up and most were charged off. I recently got layed off AGAIN! Anyway, I got a free report from EX since I am unemployed and noticed several inquiries from NCO in a short time period. I don't know how many of my accounts they bought but should I DV them or send them a pp letter on these? I haven't really even started to repair my credit yet as I have been focusing on helping my girlfriend repair hers(she was out of work and got in hot water with Citibank). Since her credit was far better(in the 800 range) it was the focus for the time being. Now I really need to fix my own. I don't know my current score but I would guess its probably in the mid 300's. VERY bad. As a side note, the weird thing about this situation is that I have charged off cards(3 with Cap1 and a couple others) and yet haven't really been harrased by phone too much. They have called and left a few messages but nothing much. I would normally expect them to hound me.

Anywhoo...here is how the inquiries list from EX:

NCO FINANCIAL SYSTEMS

507 PRUDENTIAL ROA

HORSHAM , PA 19044

(888) 207-3081

Requested on:

Inquiry Type: 12/22/2004

Individual account

NCO FINANCIAL SYSTEMS

507 PRUDENTIAL ROA

HORSHAM , PA 19044

(888) 207-3081

Requested on:

Inquiry Type: 12/20/2004

Individual account

NCO FINANCIAL SYSTEMS

507 PRUDENTIAL ROA

HORSHAM , PA 19044

(888) 207-3081

Requested on:

Inquiry Type: 12/19/2004

Individual account

NCO FINANCIAL SYSTEMS

507 PRUDENTIAL ROA

HORSHAM , PA 19044

(888) 207-3081

Requested on:

Inquiry Type: 12/06/2004

Individual account

CA's have PP when handling a collection. What they can't do is poison your credit file with inquiries like they did here. If you write NCO, they'll just tell you they have PP under the FCRA.

File formal complaints against them with the FTC and their state Attorney General.

Just used that FTC form to file against thorn in my side Credit Protection associates. Still reporting as opn on a paid charge off. Reported it to Experian as a charge off the day AFTER it was paid, it is out of SOL, still remains.

TU deleted it, EX refuses to investigate, and no word from EQ....

I already filed BBB, TX and PA AG too. Let them have it with all barrels.

I have a nice DV letter for some paid charge offs to NCO gfoing out tomorrow. I hear they are much more generous with deleting paid stuff since they are in some hot water.......