recv letter from oc after dv to ca

recvd a phot copy of last bill from oc . They said this was validation that was requested from ca. Providian is the oc for credit card bill

It came from collection dept without any persons name or phone number on letterhead.

suggections on how to proceed would be appreciated.

Tell them that this is in NO WAY validation and they must produce an accounting history on the account, the intstrument ((ie credti card agreement)) that created the debt that bears you signature etc.

Send them another letter than until they validate the debt you will not speak woth them further.

There's nothing wrong with the OC sending documents, but the CA must comply with the FDCPA. They must obtain verfication from the creditor and mail it to you (and mail means mail, they cannot fax it).

You might want to more carefully evaluate the "validation" and look at the envelope it came in to see if it really did come from Providian. I've never heard of Providian doing that.

The letter came from Providian.You suggest I send another Dv letter to the Ca. They have not entered any TL on credit report and the letter I just got is at the thirty day mark from signed green to Ca

Wouln't it be better to just wait and then if there is any further communication from Ca either to me or directly to credit bureau I have them for not responding to the Dv letter

• 3 weeks later...
Tell them that this is in NO WAY validation and they must produce an accounting history on the account, the intstrument ((ie credti card agreement)) that created the debt that bears you signature etc.

Send them another letter than until they validate the debt you will not speak woth them further.

Am I missing something here, I didnt think that with DV a CA had show an instrument bearing a signature.

Is that correct.

I dont see that in FDCPA.