Can ca do this?

dbranch3

I sent dv to ca by fedex which was under my place of employment account with fedex, so they called my job looking for me, i was unable to come to phone, then they faxed the validation over to my place of employment without my consent , i did not c&d them in my letter but i wouldnt think they would be able to fax personal information to a place of employment, some of my coworkers got a hold of that information that they faxed!!!

I sent dv to ca by fedex which was under my place of employment account with fedex, so they called my job looking for me, i was unable to come to phone, then they faxed the validation over to my place of employment without my consent , i did not c&d them in my letter but i wouldnt think they would be able to fax personal information to a place of employment, some of my coworkers got a hold of that information that they faxed!!!

If your DV letter had your home address as the address in which to send validation, and they faxed it nonetheless to your employer, I think they may have violated 805(B).

Now, if you provided your work's fax number in your letter, I agree with Doc...you have no violation. However, a CA should err on the side of caution and not have faxed it at all...simply mailing it would be prudent.

thanks guys, yes on the fedex shipping label is my works name and address and telephone number , but on the dv was my name and complete address, they called the # on the fedex label and asked one of the other employees for fax# for verification of employment papers to be sent over and that is what the verification of debt come with via the fax.

It's reasonable to assume that when the CA called your work, the phone was answered "Hello. Bob's Manufacturing." The CA then asked for the fax #, knowing the DV would be faxed to your work where it could be seen by someone other than you.

Looks like the CA has tried to pull a fast one. I'd nail them on the violation of 805(B).