item added to report after i DV'd the CA?

wolfpup

I DV'd the collection agency on 12/15/04. i pulled my report from PG on 12/20 and again on 1/3/05. The CA had it listed with equifax on 12/20 and that was the only CRA they had it reported to. When i pulled it again on 1/3/05, it showed up on Experian as well as Equifax. Is this a violation? What should my next step be?

Thank you for all the wonderful tips and suggestions you all offer - i couldnt do this without you!

Thanks,

Shannon

BTW - i was able to get my repo taken off thanks to all the help i received here! I am Oh So Happy!

Sounds like your DV crossed their report in the mail. At tehvery least, they should report it as disputed.

I assume you have not heard back from your DV. Write them and remind them that they cannot continue collection activity if they have not answered your DV. It is a violation of the FDCPA to report it before they verify, s set forth in the FTC Cass letter. They also violate the FCRA by reporting an item they know or should know is inaccurate. Let them know you are considering legal action. Tell them to have the items removed from your CR at once. Give them 15 days to report to you, 30 to remove it. Dispute with the CRAs, too