Letter from equifax.

triton3k

I just got my letter back from Equifax in which i tried to dispute a few inquiries and here is what the letter says:

>>We have reviewed the identification information. The Results are: Please submit a copy of your social security card, driver's license and/or and official document to update your name.

>>We have researched the credit account> Account # sears-####. The results are: Equifax verified that this item belongs to you. If you have additional questions about this item please contact: sherman acquistion p.o. box..........

Now my question is should I send them a copy of what they requested and if im trying to dispute this item should I send Equifax another letter asking them to show me how this was verified or should I contact sherman acquisition who is the holder of the account?

I just got my letter back from Equifax in which i tried to dispute a few inquiries and here is what the letter says:

>>We have reviewed the identification information. The Results are: Please submit a copy of your social security card, driver's license and/or and official document to update your name.

>>We have researched the credit account> Account # sears-####. The results are: Equifax verified that this item belongs to you. If you have additional questions about this item please contact: sherman acquistion p.o. box..........

Now my question is should I send them a copy of what they requested and if im trying to dispute this item should I send Equifax another letter asking them to show me how this was verified or should I contact sherman acquisition who is the holder of the account?

If the investigation period is ongoing and you send them any info, they will use it as an excuse to extend the investigation.

If you would just be patient a few days and wait, the 30 day investigation period will expire ( assuming it already hasn't) and you can use that fact to get the inquiries you disputed deleted.

As far as Sherman, they are easy to get rid of, it just takes a couple of months.

Send Sherman a dispute letter. Hopefully, you haven't omitted any incredibly major details, like that the fact that Sherman has been sending you letters for 3 years and you've just blown them off and now you want to do something about it.

Assuming they've been sending letters to an old address or you have never been contacted by them send a DV. Dispute again with the CRAs. Wait a while and they will give you the rope with which you can hang them by sending you a bogus affidavit of debt which says absolutely nothing and letter citing a case known as Chaudhry v Gallerizo. As soon as you get the letter you're almost set, you just need them to update your credit reports one more time then you can send an ITS and they will fold. If not, you can sue them for any number of FCRA/FDCPA violations and they will answer your lawsuit and then offer a settlement.

If the investigation period is ongoing and you send them any info, they will use it as an excuse to extend the investigation.

If you would just be patient a few days and wait, the 30 day investigation period will expire ( assuming it already hasn't) and you can use that fact to get the inquiries you disputed deleted.

--------The 30 day investigation period expired on dec 24th and I got this letter on the 31st.

As far as Sherman, they are easy to get rid of, it just takes a couple of months.

Send Sherman a dispute letter. Hopefully, you haven't omitted any incredibly major details, like that the fact that Sherman has been sending you letters for 3 years and you've just blown them off and now you want to do something about it.

------I think sherman took over the account about a year ago. Is that still enough time for me to send them a letter directly and I've never made any contact with them about this account.

Assuming they've been sending letters to an old address or you have never been contacted by them send a DV. Dispute again with the CRAs. Wait a while and they will give you the rope with which you can hang them by sending you a bogus affidavit of debt which says absolutely nothing and letter citing a case known as Chaudhry v Gallerizo. As soon as you get the letter you're almost set, you just need them to update your credit reports one more time then you can send an ITS and they will fold. If not, you can sue them for any number of FCRA/FDCPA violations and they will answer your lawsuit and then offer a settlement.

------So should I send sherman the letter first or should I still deal with the credit agency at this moment? And assuming im sending the credit agency a DV letter is that the one which they have 15 days to respond back to you?