Investigation Results after Tradeline already deleted

I disputed an old chargeoff from First Premier back in November with Experian. I disputed as not mine and it came back updated. The new information was that it was a paid chargeoff. :shock:

So, in December, I disputed it again and also disputed it with Equifax. Then the tradeline suddenly disappeared, even from Trans Union. However, Experian still showed the dispute as pending though.

Well, yesterday I got an email from Experian about the results of the investigation. When I go to the link to check the status of the dispute, it shows as "remains" and when I go the link to check the status of the investigation, it shows "updated".

Well, the tradeline is still not showing on any of the 3 CRAs. I can't imagine that my file is split because it would have to be split on all 3, and a new credit line I recently got shows up as today. So, I don't understand how this tradeline disappeared on all 3, yet Experian claims they verified it. Does that make any sense to anyone?

Lastly, if it does show up again, do they need to send me a reinseration notice since they act as if it was never actually deleted?

Experian is smoking crack. They'll verify that they're idiots if you dispute it.

I don't know what the mix-up was, but if it's off your reports...COOL!! Congrats! Are you sure it's off the real reports? Are you just looking at a monitoring service? Make sure it's not showing on your real reports or myfico.com before you throw too big of a party. :wink:

If it does happen to get reinserted onto EX, you can't really get them on 'reinsertion'. In order to do that, you need a letter from EX saying "this item has been removed". What happened seems like a fluke of some sort...just roll with it while you can.

:D

Experian is smoking crack. They'll verify that they're idiots if you dispute it.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

I've checked my reports with Credit Manager (from Experian), Privacy Guard, MyCreditKeeper and Equifax. I haven't checked my report with myfico.com though, but hopefully it is gone there as well. Would it be possible to not show up on all those places but still show up on myfico.com?

PG and mycreditkeeper get all their info FROM Experian directly (through triligiant), so if it's off Experian, it's off from the others. If you checked EQ and it's gone too, then you should be ok.

If it's gone there, I wouldn't bother paying for myfico just to see.

Congrats!! Keep an eye out for it to return. :D