ca reporting info past sol

agn140

Had an auto repo in 1998 and the CA tried to collect the deficiency with no luck. I am in NJ and the SOL is six years. I am past thatso no worries, however, on my report I noticed in Oct 2004 they made an entry to credit Bureau about the deficiency that was still owed as of that date. Do i just have to wait until this Feb when it is 7 years then get it off report.

i am not an expert by any means, but i just recently got my repo taken off my report. However, i know mine was past the 7 years. I was able to dispute it as obsolete and it came off. I would think you could try to dispute it as not mine and hope that it comes off. Worst case scenario, it comes off next month.

Good luck!

Send them a Debt Validation letter, ask as them to answer as many specific questions as possible. Chances are they no longer have any records. At the same time dispute the account with the CRA'S

Had a problem with a cell phone company that gave me piss poor service and then added $500 in trumped up charges when I cancelled my account. Four years later, a Junk Debt Buyer started reporting and sending me letters. One DV letter was all it took to get this reply: XXX company has informed this agency that it cannot provide any records to substantiate this debt, therefore the tradeline will be deleted from the CRA's we do business with

I wish I knew about Debt Validation years ago