ROOMMATE STOLE SSN CREATING NEW DEBT

Sweets

I don't have much debt owed but I really want to clean it up. Here's one scenerio:

My former roommate stole and used my SSN to open up two separate telephone accounts in TX (I'm in GA) and ran the bills up to total of $200. Filed a police report and contacted CRAs and had them removed from all but one. Although I know I can contact CRA again and dispute it, I am still bitter and want legal revenge. What else can I do?

Sweets, you have a right to have every credit bureau or creditor to remove ALL of the tradelines that were opened fraudulently. Which account remains? What bureau is it with?

I can tell you the process of how to get it removed if you post the situation.

I had a relative to do the same thing and I got ALL of the bureaus to remove ALL of the tradelines. Sometimes you have to go directly to the creditor to do it, but by law they must. I have a ton of letters and procedures you can use.

First, file a police report. Per the new FCRA laws, I bet the police take one.

Second, take a copy of that police report and send it to the bureaus, and say you were a victim of identity theft.

Third, send a copy to the utility company and demand they remove the listing from the credit reports.