8 Inq's removed one call....

edubb007

Equifax was pretty reasonable when it came to deletions. Experian actually deleted 4 inquiries after some initial stubborness.

So far, I've been able to get TU to delete one inquiry after I raised a big stink. Working on 4 other inquiries. The key here is patience and have a copy of the FCRA in front of you. Keep referencing section 611 (a) 1 (A) where it states "shall investigate ANY piece of information contained in a consumer's report".

They will tell you they don't investigate inquiries. Point out an inquiry is a piece of information. Be persistant. REMAIN CALM (LOL) Keep working your way up the food chain. Avoid "Miss Patton", she is one nasty witch.

The customer service number should be listed at the top of your report as well as the report number. Call em up and say that you just pulled your report and notice inquiries that were not authorized, not recognized, etc... It doesn't always work.. but it is worth a try :) I have heard that some CRAs will tell people on the phone that you can't dispute inquiries as they are matter of fact. Just remember you have a right to dispute any info on your report and be persistant :)

My experience with inquiries:

Experian - deleted 28 inquiries with one non-certified letter. No questions asked.

Equifax - Has not responded to first letter or the ITS letter.

Transunion - Has replied that they will not remove. I called them and they said the same.

I asked the guy at TU for the name and number of their contact and he told me that every verification is electronic and no person is actually contacted. He told me to refer to my credit report for the contact information.

If you have not guessed by now, the contact information on the credit report is totally bunk. Phone numbers are disconnected, addresses are not accurate, I even called a number for Chase Automotive and it was a woman's cell phone. She said she hadn't worked for Chase for over 6 years. Maybe this is how I will get my $1,000 in court.

Guest jeeptravel

Go cory! Great facts! I'll add that the results seem to vary from CRA to CRA, HOWEVER: it seems TU is always the biatch when it comes to dispute inquiries. Somebody oughta sue them and get em off their high horse. Untl then, look for Creditors who don't use TU!

jt

Go cory! Great facts! I'll add that the results seem to vary from CRA to CRA, HOWEVER: it seems TU is always the biatch when it comes to dispute inquiries. Somebody oughta sue them and get em off their high horse. Untl then, look for Creditors who don't use TU!

jt

EX seems to have been my "PITA" for removals of inqs or address info even. They simply won't investigate them, even though some of them aren't authorized.

I just got ALL my hard inquiries removed from TU. Yes I was and still am in shock. I told them that I have had a split file in the past and that my name has been confused with someone else's. They removed them right over the phone! Not transfered to a special dept or anything. :D

EQ will remove all but mortgage inquiries lately. They keep telling me that they can not investigate any mortgage inquiry, which is bull!

EX will remove everything, at least for me they do!