Jump to content

Help! Need advise before I get served again

Recommended Posts

I live in Ga, At the beginning of Dec. I moved from one county to another. Last week when I got home, there was a notice on my door from the sheriffs department from the county that I moved from stating that he was trying to deliver civil papers and they could be picked up at the sheriffs ofc.

Today, when I went to pick them up, I was told they had been returned to the court because I no longer live in their jurisdiction. They gave me the name/number of someone at the court house.

I called court house and they said that it is from Colorado Capital Investments acting on behalf of Providian Credit Card. She stated they are wanting approx. $4,000 dollars which she said was debt plus interest.

I had a friend pull a copy of my credit report. I see where I do have on my report Providian last activity 2/01 in amount of $2183 status charged off - transferred/sold It also provides the account number

It also shows Colorado Capital Investments - Acct Number shows Providian but has a different account number. The address for them appears to be invalid and the phone number shows 111-111-1111. They are showing date of last activity as 10/2001 and date deliquent first reported as 5/2004 They show amount owed as $2790

What do I need to do to prepare for them? I am sure they will go to the county and serve me at my new address? Could they already have a judgement against me without me being notified and gone to court to fight it? The SOL according to my credit report is coming up soon. Ga is 4 years from what I read so from 2/01 that would mean 2/05........right around the corner. Is their anything I can do to stall this?

Help! I need advise quick.

There is also

Link to comment
Share on other sites

they haven't served you yet, so they have no judgment. I would wait until March to do anything. But then, I'm not sure. The SOL is 4 yrs, but the items can stay on your CR for 7 years. The best you could do, thinkning out loud, is get the Providian charge off removed as it duplicates the CCap item. But why bring that up?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am afraid that I won't be able to wait until March. I am sure when the attorney gets the papers back from the old county telling that I moved from that county...............they will probably give my new address where they tried to serve me. So......I will probably get something from my new county soon.

Should I try to contact them to dispute it so that it is delayed. The account number they have on the credit report is inaccurate and they have raised the $ amount from the original.

Or...........do I just wait to see when I get served at the new address/county?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.