drop offs in 2005

creditrookie

I have 3 charge offs that are scheduled to drop off in 2005, one in july, one in september and one in december. The later 2 were settled for less than full balance. I am just beginning my credit repair journey (waiting to receive my EQ CR). My question is should i dispute these 3 or just let them become obsoliete. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Are those the only baddies on your CR?

If not then yes as divemedic said, concentrate on the more recent ones.

If they are, why not dispute them to get them off faster? They may be old but they are still being calculated in your score, plus, you could start rebuilding sooner rather than later.

I only suggest that because I too had 3 charge offs that would have been dropping in June and July of this year. I disputed them and got all 3 taken of TU about/ 6 months ago, 2 taken off EQ and EX, boosted my scores to the point where I was able to apply for credit and I'm re-building. Just sharing my experience, what do you have to loose? :wink:

Wow...do I love this site! I just came out of 6-7 years of living under a rock, and just pulled my first reports. Many of the accounts are missing info (NO account numbers, NO DOLA) I have 16 accounts with DOLA 5/98 to 11/98 with the rest DOLA in early 1999. About 25 in all. Not sure if it would hurt to start the dispute thing now or just wait it out? Any down side/risk to making a move to dispute these things now?

Also, I'm a former Ohio resident now in Florida. Another concern is SOL? Even if the "See-Ya-7" removes them from reports.

THX. :D