Confused about TXU charge off paid collection how to remove?

bellend

I have a charge off on my credit reports that I paid to TXU Electric in September 2003 (Known as TU now).

This is what it looks like in PG.

chargeoff1rk.jpg

What are some methods to getting this removed?

I tried the 1-2 punch but I was under the assumption that the CA was TXU which I'm beginning to doubt.

Well let's see, have you tried disputing it as not mine? how about incorrect account number or incorrect balance or incorrect account status? :)

I haven't tried "not mine" but I wanted to try something more elegant than that first.

The 1-2 punch was tried but TXU basically stonewalled me and never responded to any of my validation requests. Meanwhile all 3 CRAs claim verification of the account as mine in response to my dispute letters.

The creditor is under no obligation to give you validation. They are not governed by the FDCPA.

See the different account number being reported to TU? That's where "not mine" would work. It's obviously an error, and if they verify it, they are now in violation of the FCRA.

The rest you can dispute as "to be deleted upon receipt of payment per agreement".

I have this same situation, I paid a charge off to TXU Electric and they agreed to delete. I sent the letter with the payment, however. I wrote on the check to be deposited upon meeting agreement. However, they have verified twice. The account reads paid charge off.

Question what to you mean by: Dispute: delete after payment

If it is a charged off account why are the listing it as open? Are they going to extend you further credit? I would dispute the open designation and hope they verify it. If they do verify it I would then send the CRA's a procedural request and when they fail to do it properly, I would then tell them to delete or I intend to sue.