divemedic

HOW TO BEGIN CREDIT REPAIR - A PRIMER

THIS NEEDS TO BE A STICKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I forgot to watch this and it took me over a week to find it!

PLEASE< PLEASE< PLEASE MAKE THIS A STICKY! 8)

Thanks Divemedic............Great post!

About the recommendation to dispute over the phone with the CRA...would online be just as effective? (and not look as "intimidating" as a cmrrr letter?) I'm no good over the phone!

And how many should you dispute at the same time and not look suspicious?

You can try online, but you are more likely to get a "frivolous" or "already investigated" reply. Also, they don't let you dispute inq's online.

About the recommendation to dispute over the phone with the CRA...would online be just as effective? (and not look as "intimidating" as a cmrrr letter?) I'm no good over the phone!

And how many should you dispute at the same time and not look suspicious?

You need to be intimidating. The Grim One Intimidates CA's and CRA's any time he can. Intimidation is how we consumers win this game.

I hate to seem dumb and all but could you please summerize the steps you took?

1. DV - CA (Or was it the OC)

2. Waited for DV from CA then called CRA?

3. Talked to CRA via phone: Said what?

Perhaps I am just too tired to follow along, sounds like excellent advise you have given and I would love to use it to clear a few bad TL off of my CR.

Most of mine are just old ones with Late Payment here and there, rude comments like "paid under collection" which are false. And charge offs by MBNA and CO. In turn each of these have at least three seperate CA's TL appeace in my CR. :(

What can I say, I was very sick for a very long time and simply could not deal with the things that came up. Now that I am better I want to make sure that things are right. Things that should not be there should be removed, and things that should be there are accurate.

And can you provide a good pay for deletion letter example?

Any help is appreciated.

I have called the CRAs (TU) and have gotten a few deletions by tricking them but since then they will not budge no matter how nice I am. I am at wits end with all this and now confused. Midland just keeps adding crap to my CR and I know I have violations but I just don't get it... I have tried many techniques but with my last 4 TLs left the last 4 months has been dry with no deletions....I don't know what to do.....

You are only going to get so far with the CRA. After that, you must go after the source. The source is the furnisher (CA, OC) The reason you follow the steps above is to build evidence for a court case. If they back down earlier, great.

Once you have gone through the process and you can prove that they have violated, and then committed the same violations a second or even third time (depending on how many rounds you did) then you have the evidence to file a suit. You need to sue them and force them to comply with the law.

First, dispute all of the negative TL’s on your report. I got 4-5 deletions that way. This was effective on about 20% of my accounts. This will take 30 days or so. You can dispute over the phone, because I don’t feel like suing the CRA is the best way to go. If you aren’t going to sue them, you don’t need the documentation. IT may work for others, but I have had better luck with the CA’s and OC’s.

Ok I was writing my first dispute letter, and putting nearly everything thats on my report on there. But I keep going back to this post and though its very informative, I am still confused. Are you saying that I should be sending dispute letters to all the CA's and the OC's and not the CRA's? Or are you saying that I should be sending a letter to the CRA's to dispute everything? Because you say not to attack the CRA's as they are doing their job, which I agree completely, their just maintaining a database so to speak.

Are you saying that I should be sending dispute letters to all the CA's and the OC's and not the CRA's? Or are you saying that I should be sending a letter to the CRA's to dispute everything? Because you say not to attack the CRA's as they are doing their job, which I agree completely, their just maintaining a database so to speak.

Yes, you send a dispute or DV to each OC or CA (each furnisher, if you like). When you get the green cards back, call the CRA and dispute the tradelines. That is called the 1-2 punch. You dispute/DV and then force them to either violate or allow the deletion. They either report, thus violating the law, or do nothing, which gets you a delete.

I am not sayng that the CRA is just doing their job, because they are plainly breaking the law. What I am saying is that you will have to do business with them in the future if you want to use credit, so why antagonize them?

Ok, so I have about a billion questions, but I'll keep it simple for now...

I have very limited credit, damn parents teaching me to save up and buy what I want...

I got in touch with the few CAs, and payed off the full amounts I owed. I still have the negatives on my report, so what can I do about getting these deleted? Would it work to contact the CO and request that they remove the mark? All of these are 3-5 years old, but just paid a couple months ago.

Also, are most places willing to remove an inquiry from the CR? Will simply calling and asking them to remove it do any good? If possible, I would like to clear up as much as possible on my CR without having to huff and puff with the places. Afterall, I did try to get credit from them, or I did owe them money... As much as possible I would like to deal with it peacefully, then if all else fails, get nasty.

Thanks for all the info about this. So far I have found this thread really helpful.

Brad

If the CR entries you're talking about are from the OC, then the two options you have for removal are a goodwill letter to the OC or disputing with the CRA's. From what I've read on the board, these two tactics seem to only work on accounts that had been settled long ago -- you may have to patiently wait awhile since you paid them off only a few months ago.

What you can also do in the meantime while you're waiting is to pay your other bills on time (obviously). One other thing I did to raise my credit scores was I asked a relative with great credit to add me as an authorized user to her credit cards.

I rarely used the accounts; I just relied on her to keep up the good history and paid my share of the charges. It helped my scores big time, and after I was able to get all the negatives off my reports, she contacted the companies and had my name removed.

So being added as an authorized user will reflect on my report? That could help a lot...

One of the biggest problems I've run into is that since I have so little credit history, when I actually need it, I'm screwed...

I have one outstanding debt (crashed a shiny new car, screwed by the insurance co... owch) that I've been paying off like a mad-man. The company offered to settle for about 75% of what I owed, but of course with that being one of the only things on my CR, I couldn't get a loan to cover that, so I've been making massive payments on the full amount.

Does anyone know of a company that is good for getting unsecured loans to take care of debts, that works with people with bad/limited credit? I checked around before, but all I accomplished was getting half a dozen inquiries on my CR and dropping my score another 30 points or so.

Thanks

Hello all!

I have been really inspired today reading through these forums. I simply went on line last night after waking up stressed about my debit situation. I have been out here since 3 am cst. Wow great stories great advise.

I think I get the basics of how to begin the repair but I have a question about a Judgment Lien on my wife which occured prior to her bankruptcy 10 years ago this past october. When we bought our house last year this and a few 30 day lates almost cost us our dream house loan application. The judgment was to a CA that assumed the debt from Peoples Bank. In her BK she did not know that the judgment had even taken place, and the court dismissed the total sum she owed peoples at the time of her BK. We contacted the CA about removing the item and they refused saying that now that they know where she is they will start pursing this debt again. She promptly hung up and requested Equafax to remove. They did not. We assumed it would fall off after the expiration of 10 years. Now 18 mos later it is still there. How do I get rid of it.

Do we DV to the CA for proof that they are owned the debt and go through the DV process tyring to force them to remove it, or do we use the fact that the debit was dismissed from the OC in her BK (which is what we tried to do by calling originally when they became A-holes-Apparently the guy she talked to lost a bonus that year) The MTG company used her BK paperwork to overlook it in giving us the loan, but I know it cost us atleast a point on our interest rate.

Anyone have advice?

Was that a long enough dialog for my first post???

The problem is the judgment itself. Is there really a lien and what is it against ? The BK made the judgment null and void and with the underlying debt discharged, the lien is useless. No matter what, they cannot pursue collection on a discharged debt - even if its been reduced to judgment. Your wife needs to get the judgment vacated based on her BK discharge.

Judgments CAN remain on your CR for as long as it goes unpaid - so it can remain for years past the usual 7 years, even though they typically do not. Once the judgment is vacated, she should be able to get it off her reports.

She should continue to dispute the judgment tradeline as obsolete though.

where can i find the key for all terms on this site please????

i saw it once and then i lost it :cool:

and yes i already know that sounds funny...!!!!

Jim

where can i find the key for all terms on this site please????

i saw it once and then i lost it :cool:

and yes i already know that sounds funny...!!!!

Jim

in off topic under computer lingo..

If I have a OC that never sent the item to a CA, is there a form letter out there that I can use to dispute that this is even my account??? Never seen it before lots of lates4@30 2@ 60 and 4 @ 90 days late, then closed with "paid" notation. The account only shows ever even having an account balance on 1 CRA and they show paid every month on time. ????? I don't understand and am tryng to dispute even ever having this accoount. HSBC is the creditor????

Any help.

I no longer live in Ohio, Is there a method to get a OC to remove a Judgment Tax Lein that was relieved during a bankruptcy. I cannot go to Ohio 16hrs away to file a request to vacate, and then for a trial.

If I sent the OC a letter requesting what should it say to be harsh enough to get them to do what I want.

My other question is if I have a Credit Card account that was dismissed in 1993 with the bankruptcy, should I just contact the CRA and request it be removed? The OC reported to XPN in 10/2001 that the account was with a 0 balance at grantors request??? Should I contact the OC and tell them to remove it because of the BK and age and falsely reporting in 10/2001

I have been on this site for several days reading all of the advice and techniques and starting to get this process going, just need a little more direction.

Thanks

Confused about these steps

1 They don’t validate, and they don’t reply to the CRA. Deletion. You win.

2 They don’t validate, they verify with CRA. Violation. Proceed to next step.

If they reply to nether how do you know

How do you know if they validated with the CRA? before contacting myself

The question isn't clear to me, so here's how I understand it.

The only other choice is

3) They validate, but they don't verify with the CRA. Deletion, but you still have to deal with validation.

If they reply to neither then #1 applies. You know if they reply to the CRA when you receive the results of your dispute from the CRa.

*removed as spam*