divemedic

HOW TO BEGIN CREDIT REPAIR - A PRIMER

::Spam::

Don't get ripped off by companies who can't spell and put a sentence together. How's that?

:lol:

It was a ripoff spam. Don't worry about it.

just tell them you don't remember anything about the account and you want them to investigate.

..I'm still confused on how to DV the OC. If they don't have to respond then how does them not responding to me but continuing to verify to the CRA help me? Seems like since they aren't required to respond to me they can do what they want and I don't have them on any violations. I've managed to get all my CA accounts off the CRA, but now have two OC's that I don't know how to handle. Are you saying to DV the OC's and when they don't respond send that proof to the CRA asking for the deletion? Help I'm confused!

Thanks, Cyndi

I have the exact same problem as Cyndi. The OCs are the only ones left on my wife's report that we don't know what to do with. Do I just try to sort it out with them over the phone? Is there a form letter that forces action that I can send to the OC that is effectively the same step as a DV? Thanks in advance.

If you can prove that the reports are not all "complete and accurate", you can sue, as long as you have already disputed and the incorrect info has been verified. If it is listed on more than one CRA and the listings aren't identical- violation. If they know it is disputed and they don't mark it as such- violation. You get the picture.

This isn't just about letter writing and you are done. Sometimes you have to go to court, which is the point of sending CMRRR and keeping meticulous records. You are building a case to go to court. Make it as iron clad as possible.

"When you get the green cards back, call the CRA and dispute the tradelines."

So, you don't have to give them 30 days from the date they sign the green card, to then contact the CRA's? We just got a few green cards back yesterday, but I was thinking that I had to wait 30 business days to make my next move...

Also, when you call the CRA's, do you basically want to say something like, "I don't remember doing business with these companies/I was never late/I never settled, etc, I've asked them to validate, and I have my signed green card as proof they recieved my request."

Then what, do you basically ask for another investigation??

So, you don't have to give them 30 days from the date they sign the green card, to then contact the CRA's? We just got a few green cards back yesterday, but I was thinking that I had to wait 30 business days to make my next move...

No. If the DV is timely they must stop all collection activity immediately. They must also mark the TL as in dispute immediately.

Also, when you call the CRA's, do you basically want to say something like, "I don't remember doing business with these companies/I was never late/I never settled, etc

Yes

I've asked them to validate, and I have my signed green card as proof they recieved my request."

I don't see any reason to even mention that.

Then what, do you basically ask for another investigation??

After the first investigation is complete and you have sent a second DV, yes.

Sorry, even a little more confused now :oops: Maybe I should back up a little.

Ok, we've already disputed with the CRA's (some 3-6 months ago, some last month, but we've disputed none the less). Most all came back "verified." (Riiiight!)

Last week I sent out DV letters to the OC's and CA's, CMRR.

Just yesterday got some green cards back.

Now you're saying to call the CRA's and let them know we've DV'd and "never done business with this compnay/never late/never settled/etc" ?

This is where I'm confused...What happens next? Isn't in the CRA's hands then? Don't they have so much time to re-investigate and if the CA's or OC's don't provide info, then they delete?

You send a dispute to the CRA. Tell them whatever, just get them to investigate.

Within 30 days, either the furnisher will verify or not. If not, delete. If they do, you make sure the TL is correct (it most likely will not be) and then repeat the process.

Once that is done, you sue anyone left on your CR for the violations you have tallied.

Ok, I think I got it now. Thank you!

Also, is it a bad idea to have a few different investigations with the CRA's going on at the same time (say like 5 or 6)? Do they look unfavorably on this?

Thanks all for this great information, especially Dive. You really seem to know your stuff.

Being a newbie, these methods are all pretty confusing to me. It seems the more I read, the more confused I get. Although confused, I am not completely stupid and I somewhat understand the procedures outlined here but I want to make sure that I go about this the right way so that I don't make my situation worse then it is.

Currently, I am reviewing my CR from Experian online, but I have requested the paper copies to be sent to me from the big 3.

Experian is currently reporting 37 negative TL's. Most are from CA's for medical bills and student loans plus 1 repossession. Obviously, I have a lot of work to do but I am in this for the long haul and hope to purchase another home in 2yrs or so.

Below is what I understand as my plan of action, plus the questions that I have. Sorry in advance for my ignorance. :D

NOTE: I reside in the state of TEXAS. Please don't hold that against me. I was born in Sanford, Florida where most of my family still resides.

Step 1 - Get copies of CR from each CRA. Dispute all negative TL's with the CRA over the phone. This should eliminate several TL's and appears to be a "picking the low hanging fruit" method. For remaining TL's, proceed to step 2.

Question: My guess is that all of my TL's are correct, so what excuse do I use with the CRA? Once they pull my CR they are going to see that I have multiple TL's from the same CA. My thoughts are that playing dumb is not going to work. I could be wrong.

Question: When I call the CRA, do I attempt to have more than one TL deleted? Note: Several of the TL's are from the same CA and OC(Hospitals).

Question: Do I dispute with all three CRA's?

Question: When I call the CRA, how do I identify the individual TL? I noticed that EX only shows partial account numbers. Can the CRA find the correct TL with just the CA name, Amount, and Date?

Step 2: Once the remaining investigations are complete, I am to DV the CA's using the sample letter you provided via CMRRR, and await the green cards. If the letter is returned, keep the returned letter and then send another DV via FEDEX. I notice that in the DV letter, you do not identify a specific TL.

Question: Considering I have multiple TL's from the same CA, will I need to specify each TL or will they respond to each entry seperately?

1 They don’t validate, and they don’t reply to the CRA. Deletion. You win.

2 They don’t validate, they verify with CRA. Violation. Proceed to next step.

3 They validate accurately, either with or without verifying to the CRA. Very rare. Only happened once so far for me. They just don’t keep good enough records. You negotiate pay for delete in this case.

Question: What are the different ways do violations occur? In other words, what different actions constitute a violation?

Question: Are violations only made by the CRA, or can the CA and OC make violations?

Step 3: Once I recieve the green cards, I am to re-request an investigation from the CRA again via phone not by mail. Save copies of subsequent CR's that show re-reporting of invalid TL's to use later.

Question: You mentioned that you have never been denied an investigation, which is good news but, what course of action do I take if the CRA says it's frivolous?

Question: If the CA re-reports the same tradeline to the CRA why would this constitute a violation? Assuming that I really owe this.

Question: If the debt has been paid to the CA, are they required to have the TL deleted or just updated?

Question: How do you prove that a violation is intentional?

Step 4: If the CA re-reports the TL, send a second DV to the CA. If the CA re-reports the same TL, you now have multiple violations and a basis to sue according to FDCPA and state law.

Step 5: Fax a letter stating your ITS, listing statute codes unless they agree to delete.

Question: Does the fax go to the CRA, the CA, and the OC?

Question: Do you have a sample letter with your ITS?

Question: What court do you file with?

Thanks in advance for any of these questions you choose to answer. I fully understand if you choose not to respond to them considering the number of questions I have. :D

Hey everyone I am new here and I am going to try to take this one step at a time. I really consider this to be not only a God send, but also a huge timesaver. My one question is, when I make the first call to the credit reporting agency to dispute what do I say? How do I start the disputes on my negative accounts? (I have seven that are negative and closed) I will take the next step after, but it's a little confusing so I want to make sure I do the first one the right way. Thank y'all so much!

ok, I went through Experian online and did disputes that way. Please let me know if that is ok - I just selected the "i have no knowledge of this account" and in the box typed, I have knowledge of this account or what it pertains to. I believe this is totally false. Did I do the right thing for the first step? I hope so!

My first post here but wanted to make sure I’m reading this all correct.

I was looking to down size from my home to a condo and found out my rating was only 574. I was a really disappointed with myself for letting it get this way,

but I did and here I am. I started looking at the credit cards and late payments, lawyer bills from the big “D” and decided to lump them into one loan with the bank and stop this cycle of late payments.

Called my banker and am lumping my bills into one payment. My banker said he would give me a print out of my report tomorrow when I go sign for my loan. He told me that each time I request a credit report it drops my credit a few points? He also told me to go do some research on companies who know how to clean up credit? Is that really any faster? Do I really still need to request a print out from each agency?

At the risk of sounding stupid here it sounds like I want to start disputing that my payments were really late in hopes that I can see some change with that.

Try to find a sympathetic ear at the company I was late with. Not to sure what to say other then divorce situation and two incomes to one income kind of thing?

And if I have any collections on it (Not sure if I do?) I don’t want to contact them but rather write a registered letter to them requesting detailed information and

Then try and pay the original debt with out going through the collection company.

Sounds like a lengthy process so here is the problem; I’m getting ready to put my house on the market and down size.. But now I’m worried that

If I sell I won’t be able to get a decent mortgage for the condo until this is cleaned up. Any other suggestions would help!

Checking your own credit does not hurt your score. Having a buddy at the bank pull your credit and giving it to you does. Stay away from credit repair companies. Many of them are illegal scammers, and the honest ones are still costing you money to do what you can already do for free.

Do not dispute late pays on an otherwise positive TL, or you risk deletion of a positive account. With a score in the 500's, you have more problems than a few lates, anyway.

Im new to the forum and I was wondering what these abrv. are: a negative TL, CRA, DV, CA, and OC. These meanings would clear a lot up for me

Folks, if you have specific questions, please put them in a seperate thread- more people will answer them that way.

I know this is old but I couldn't help it..
american citizen to american citizen kind of way.

Now what about Transunion - Their call center is in INDIA.

And what efficient little worker bees, always reading scripts and doing exactly what they are told, no budging no emotion...

speaking of call centers.. (free to watch it's hilarious about CALL CENTERS)

http://www.callcentermovie.com/

:D

Thanks alot Jodz10 :D