Prospective Juror.....PermissiblePurpose for Pulling Report?

adminppdotcom

I just saw a discussion on Fox News last night about the Michael Jackson trial.

The discussion was about how the defense will "pick" jurors. The guest defense attorney said they often use professional jury "pickers" to investigate potential jurors.

One of the crtiteria used to investigate a potential jury is the juror's CREDIT REPORT, according to the attorney.

How I would love to be an attorney in Santa Maria CA!

Actually, I think they can pull your credit report without your permission if you are to serve on a jury. I was in a pool of jurors once and they asked us if we had had problems with creditors or if we had ever had a judgment against us. The attorney reminded everyone that they could pull credit reports to verify the accuracy of their answers.

Well, heck, if an attorney said it, it must be true. :D

(1) In response to the order of a court having jurisdiction to issue such an order, or a subpoena issued in connection with proceedings before a Federal grand jury.

There are no other references to juror or jury duty as permissible purpose in the FCRA.