Has anyone in here ever dealt with Calvary Investments?

Flipper762

Me and my wife are in the process of purchasing our first home. We sent DV letter last and they still have not responded where the problem comes in is we are set to close sometime in late June or early July and we need this CA to be deleted form her CR. So my question is should we try to settle with for less than the 300 dollars owed or should we wait them out. The account has been in collection for almost four years now.

Calvary will not respond to a DV for over 6 months.

They do not follow FDCPA and they have probably pulled your reports multiple times.

You need to dispute them through their compliance and legal offices in New York.

Send them a copy of a small claims court form that you can fill out and threaten them with.

They will not adndo not budge until you sue them and get a default against them or send them paperwork that shows them you really mean business.

Hope that helps

They will not adndo not budge until you sue them and get a default against them or send them paperwork that shows them you really mean business.

Looks like its time to sue cavalry then.. I got them on 6 violations. Maybe more if I can get the CRA's to verify again

Hehe. Funny they picked a name so confusing. How fitting. :roll:

cavalry

1. A highly mobile army unit using vehicular transport, such as light armor and helicopters.

2. Troops trained to fight on horseback.

calvary

n 1: a hill near Jerusalem where Jesus was crucified [syn: Calvary, Golgotha] 2: any experience that causes intense suffering

:roflmao:

To be sure you are aware, most lenders want a Zero Balance or a deletion before closing, or they can cause you to pay balances at time of closing. For these reasons alone, and that the amount is $300, I would just send an offer for $150 and a total deletion, but, they must respond in writing within 10 days from receipt of your letter. I say this as the debt is maybe past the SOL, which means they can't sue you, and since they are a JDB, they only paid pennies on the dollar. Besides, as the others pointed out, they do not respond to your DV's until they decide to do so, if at all. Then you add your time, postage, and stress, I'm sorry, but, I think this would be the easiest and quickest way to resolve this. Lastly, upon receipt of their letter accepting to delete, all you need to do is send this to the CRA's and, within 30 days, the TL is deleted.

Lastly, upon receipt of their letter accepting to delete, all you need to do is send this to the CRA's and, within 30 days, the TL is deleted.

Whoa there buddy.. You don't know who your dealing with... Cavalry Portfolio doesnt do pay for deletes.. PERIOD. CPS is a bunch of real prick bastards who only respond to payments, and lawsuits.

The nice thing is, they seem to break FCRA & FDCPA laws like politicians break promises, so the key with CPS is to do your DV's CMRRR, keep a good paper trail, and be willing to file a full blown lawsuit.

Im sending out a nasty gram this week to my friends at CPS demanding immediate deletion, with 15 days to respond. No reponse, and I file suit for the maximum cash reward, and force them to #1 settle or #2 meet me court. Call my bluff CPS!!!!