Whos The Worst?

Sultan

Of the 3 who is the worst?  

233 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Of the 3 major reporting companies, my vote goes to TransUnion, I think they seriously need to get their act together, for obvious reasons.

I've actually had some fairly positive experience with Equifax, and I like their true FICO scoring model, instead of the FAKO that TransUnion uses which is likely to be 100 points different than the score an actual lender would view and receive. Experians not too shabby either, they keep good hours for phone disputes, though there are a few dead beat piss pore attitude types its really a crap shoot of who you get when you call, just pretend you can't hear them and hang up and call back when you run onto a miserable 10 dollar an hour power lame that doesn't want to be there and has your life in the finger tips of their hands.

BTW, I don't work for any of them, just offering input and taking a poll of other opinions.

I went with TU because they seem to have a habit of reporting accounts that other agencies can't verify. I disputed quite a few accounts last year on all three. All three came back with a lot of deletes and one where they couldn't even locate the creditor. All three removed the disputed accounts but TU allowed three to come back and re-report the same accounts that couldn't be verified the month before. EQ and EX report five accounts and TU reports eight. Go figure the three more TU is reporting can't be verified. I've also notice that at least one account is reported as a good account (status paid, $0 balance, current) to EX and EQ but TU reports it as 120 days late, collection account.

Weird, TU is like stealing candy from a baby for me!!!! three judgments-all deleted first shot. Experian is the pain in the @** for me. Very little experience with eq, only had to do one dispute as it's pretty clean. Though they didn't send an updated report: just a page showing the updated info. Is this common??? Hence I've never seen my eq on paper.

From my limited experience I would have to say TU. On a Account that I got paid off to Citifinancial, TU is the only one that does not show that it is paid...the only thing it shows is a date the TL was last updated. Which would have been when Citifinancial sent notice to the CRAs to update my CR.

I also did a phone dispute on my personal information and they still didnt get it right judging from my newest CR that they sent me.

I should add out of fairness that they are the only one that does not show multiple TLs for the same account like the other 2. For what that is worth.

My vote goes to Experian. They are the only CRA that told me right to my face in their own offices that they don't have to investigate claims of ID theft because the furnishers sign a contract with them guaranteeing the accuracy of what they report.

Horse-buttocks!

Wow, I see a lot of people do not like Experian.

One thing I like about Experian, if you believe an inquiry is of fraudulent nature (which in my book anything I didn't give specific written permission or fill out an application with their company - its of a fraudulent nature, if something shows up on my report) Experian will dispute inquiries if you believe its fraudulent

One thing I don't like about Experian is some of their operators, and that’s who you'll have to deal with to dispute once you've done their first online dispute, they seem to lock you out of the online dispute process after an initial online dispute.

One more thing I like about Experian is that you can continue to log into their website and view your credit report real time, this kicks butt. Most other reporting companies have reports that are static (they stay the same as the day they were pulled) unless you order or pay for an updated report. And that’s the Experian single credit report not a 3-in-1 or CreditExpert.

I seriously think Equifax has been the best I have dealt with of the 3. I ordered their Credit Watch Gold product and I swear they treat me like Gold. (maybe that's it, but probably not) I also like the telephone service with Equifax, sometimes you get the occasional retard, but its easy to just pretend you can't hear them because of a bad connection, hang up and start over with someone new.

TransUnion is junk on the phone, but their online dispute process seems to be O.K. and you can do it as many times as you want unlike Experian. Don't spam them or they will likely ignore you, spamming would be grounds for deeming disputes frivolous. I detest TransUnion products as well, but that’s only because I understand how they mislead people with bogus scores and skewed scores for other reporting companies. I wonder if Experians CreditExpert does the same thing?

If you truly want a real score as so many others have said around here try http://www.myfico.com be aware that they have a poor system for identity confirmation and validation so if you have a fraud alert then myfico probably can't access your reports or scores with it in place.

I could have actually put this poll in a different category but that’s OK successfully and tactfully dealing with and understanding these companies really helps with the credit repair process. Keep plugging away people./

• 2 weeks later...

In my personal experience Transunion was the most diffucult to deal with and they have the worst reps. Although they did correct the information on my credit report, they did it way after EX and EQ and only after four letters, ten phone calls and finally I e-mailed all their addresses and threatened to sue. Oh, and only because I sent letters from original creditors for each dispute. The letters even stated that they had requested for TU to delete the accounts in two ocassions.

EXP rep was absolutely great. He called the original creditor and called me back after half an hour to confirm the account was updated.

EQ reps were pretty responsive.

• 1 month later...

I have to say that my opinion has changed over time, initially I would have said TU, now that I have washed my reports clean and having been through the entire process, to answer as honestly and accurately as possible I'm thinking Experian, they are sticklers, while TU is just plain sloppy.