is this right?

There is an address on CR, but they haven't updated since 2002. Afraid it might be old.

They are the OC like you said. I'm pretty sure. Can still send a DV right?

We do owe them money, but I can't believe we owe them that much. Should be interesting to see what they say.

Payinbills!

I

firstly.. are they contacting you about the debt?

if so, what are they saying?

you cant 'DV' an OC, but you can ask them for account details, they dont have to reply (generally)

if they arent bothering you right now, maybe try just disputing the entry as "I have no knowledge of this account' or something.. since you know you had a providian, but you never applied for credit thru Chase.

if they arent contacting you, anything you do at this point may 'wake them up' so be prepared for that possibility.

if it were me, i would try a direct dispute to the CRAs and see what happens.. it may just get deleted without 'waking them up'

at the same time i'd get a letter ready to go to Chase stating you found this on CR and you have no idea who they are, what they are doing there and ask for all details of the account. i would only mail it once you have back the results from the CRA if the TL remains or is updated.

if it just gets deleted, they obviously didnt care enought to reply to the CRA.

Unfortunately, I've already woken them up. I called with intent to pay up. I even sent them a check that they will attempt to cash, but I have stopped payment till I find a better way to handle this. I believe they are asking to much.

I have already disputed via equifax. Guess I'll wait and see what happens.

Payinbills!