Student Loans

fsbate

This is my first time posting to this forum and I'm really excited! I truly can't put into words how happy I was to stumble across the site...

I'm wondering if anyone has had any luck with getting late fees reversed on Student Loans? After reading some of your posts, it looks as though I need to write a letter of good will. Is there anything else I can do? Should I dispute these items first?

Welcome! There is a wealth of information here.

I recently had all of my student loan lates updated to never late. I disputed with the CRAs as "never late" and sent them my online statement (my account was in forbearance) and I said something like "my student loan account has been in forbearance, and therefore, no payments are due during forbearance so how can you list that the account has been late?" That did the trick, Experian and Equifax updated to have no lates on the account, Transunion deleted the tradeline completely.

Good luck. Depending on how many lates you have (I had a year of them) you may just be able to write your loan company and ask them to remove the lates for you. They'll likely only do this if you've been making payments for quite a while and the lates were due to a special circumstance.