Set to take on Verizon Wireless....

CreditSuperstar

This is going to be MAJOR.

Got copies of statements from them from 2002. Debt is legit and I am willing to pay it off in exchange for deletion. I know some people on here have been dealing with them but I just wanted to ask some specific questions:

1. I was given their Outside Collection Department address at:

Verizon Wireless

3601 Converse Dr.

Wilmington, DE 28403

Is this actually Verizon Wireless or a CA posing as their "outside collection department"?

2. When I called to get this address, I was told to not even bother to try getting the TL deleted-they don't bargain.

Is there ANY way around this? What is the best bargaining point I can make with this company?

I have been contemplating telling them that I am taking a job overseas-(which actually could happen at some point) and would like to clear this up before I leave. Implying of course that they may NEVER see any cash if they don't cut a deal.

3. If I can't get a pay for delete-what is next best? Paid in full-Never late-closed by consumer?

Thanks folks for any help on this one!

FCS

My first go around with Verizon was a major pain. I sent them a notice of dispute under FCRA 623(a)(You can't DV an OC) and when I got the green cards disputed with the CRAs. They verified, rather than listing it as in dispute. Since 623(a) has no private right of action I went back and followed the procedure in 623(B) and they deleted! However they sent it out to 2 CAs after that and the battle starts all over again.

The most agravating thing is I have NEVER done business with them or any company they have purchased.

Have you, at any time, called the toll free number and asked to speak to a Supervisor? Disregard a rep totally as you can demand to speak to one at the beginning of the call. Once on the line, give them the whole story. Be polite and professional. If you are rude with bad language, forget it. Many times you can get it handled this way with Verizon. I mentioned this in another thread as there is a Sup I talk to at Verizon who told me what to do.

As to never doing business with them, have your proof in front of you. Offer to FAX or mail if necessary to this particular person only.

As to getting the TL deleted, explain to this Sup that the law only says that if they report it must be true, not that it has to be. Then go into how you have learned your lesson, or what caused this to become delinquent, and it will never happen again, blah, blah, you get the idea. If you currently have service with them, let them know so they can check that account. Lastly, inform them you are planning on buying a home in the near future and want the lowest rate you can get, therefore, could they see it in themselves to delete the TL. Tell them all they have to do is send you a letter saying they will and that is all that is necessary.

Remember, all they can say is no.

You can try the supervisor thing, but I even went so far as to research the company through a shareholder research website and got the number for the executive offices of the parent companyin NJ. I called and got the President's office and spoke with a woman there who worked in that office. I thought I was making headway, as she told me she would take care of it and call me back. The next day I got a call and she said COMPANY POLICY is that they don't change credit entries. I pointed out that I could prove they were misreporting and offered to send proof. She said sorry, but no. So I sued.

Hi Folks,

Just wanted to add my 2 cents really quick. I've had issues w/ them to. My issue is I had a cell phone through them, cancelled it and then of course they charged me the outrageous fee (somewhere in the 250.00 range I think, plus 50.00 or whatever my bill was) and they went ahead and placed it w/ collection...the only problem is the CA has it listed under "AT&T Wireless" and I've never had an acct w/ them and they HAVE NOT merged in our area (unlike what the AH CA told me on the phone!!). At any rate, I disputed w/ the CA and have a fight on my hands.

Elyse

P.S. Yes, I requested a validation from them and have YET to receive it. The last time someone called (about 3 months back I think) I yelled at her on the phone telling her, "Excuse me, I have yet to receive my validation and YOU are attempting to collect?" I then filed complaints appropriately and haven't heard from them again.I still have to go back and check the CRA's tho....

I am either a complete moron...or about to luck out against these guys.

I decided to roll the dice and send an its letter to Verizon for violations that included not noting my consumer dispute in their update to the CRA's as well as misreporting my account to the CRA's.

I just felt that the worst that could happen would be that we went to court and settled for what I was offering them currently, to pay off the CO.

Anyway, I sent the letter yesterday to the CEO's fax #. Not sure if I should have done it this way but I did. While I NEVER admitted the debt was mine, I did offer a pay for delete. I also stated I'd be going to file on Friday (tomorrow).

I didn't really expect a call from them but I got it this afternoon. I didn't return the call because I wanted them to believe I wasn't too anxious to speak with them.

I will call them in the late morning. Do you people have any idea what they could be thinking? I guess we'll find out shortly. Please, if you think I am a moron for doing this, say it extremely gently....

FCS