Pay for Delete

skyfreak2

I recently sent a letter to Cal Coast Credit Services. I told them that I would pay the 252.00 if they would remove any negative tradeline info. What I received back looked like a package for DV. I called and spoke with the lady(I use this term loosely) in charge of my acct. She told me that they couldn't remove the negative tradeline info. Because I had made an agreement to pay and had made some payments. They said that they have a responibility to report correct info to the CRA, and that they wouldn't falsify their report to the CRA. What to do now. Just pay to get a collection paid on report?? Or should there be some argument I can use to get this off my report??

There is no law requiring them to report to the CRAs in the first place. They can remove the info if they want - the CRA's tell them they can't because the CRA's work for creditors, not the consumer.

There is NOTHING illegal about removing information from your credit files.

Is there anything that i can back this up with. I told her that I needed to investigate a little and I would get back to her. She said to do all the investigating I needed and that they would not delete. I am not sure how I should proceed.

Deal with the creditor directly ask them to recall and delete the collection - take this to their executive level.

Send the CA troll a box of chocolate covered dog poo (at the very least, it'll stop her from eating children for a few days). There's no reason to be a hard-a$$ b*tch over a stupid collection.

The collection industry wants to work with us? BS.

OK sounds like a plan. Thanks. One more question. Along with the return packet I got from CA. CA sent me a copy of my medical file. By the way this is a medical bill. Should the denist office have sent them medical info on me such as list of meds taking medical history and a line by line of root canal procedures performed. I thought this was privlidged info. Do you think this is right???

You need to check the paperwork they made you sign and see if you signed a HIPAA release waiver, but normally there is no need to send a CA detailed medical information...listing the procedures is one thing, disclosing your ailments is quite another.

Here's a sample letter I used that I've found to work great for medical collections...

To the OC:

To Whom It May Concern:

It has come to my attention that there is an outstanding balance of $xxx.xx owed you for services provided on xx-xx-xxxx. It was my belief that my insurance provider covered this charge. Given the confusing nature of medical billing, oversights and miscalculations are inherent. For those of us who are not accustomed to such procedures on a daily basis, I am sure you can appreciate the incomprehension that is often involved in these matters.

I will be requesting a description of coverage from my insurance provider in this matter, and would appreciate any information you show to be forwarded to me. Should it be discovered that this is not a covered service, I request that you forward to me an agreement that any outsourced collection activity will be recalled, and any negative information reported to the major credit repositories be deleted, including any inquiries made by third party collectors. I will immediately forward to you payment in full in the timeframe you request.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation in this matter. I appreciate your timely response.

Deal with the creditor directly ask them to recall and delete the collection - take this to their executive level.

Send the CA troll a box of chocolate covered dog poo (at the very least, it'll stop her from eating children for a few days). There's no reason to be a hard-a$$ b*tch over a stupid collection.

The collection industry wants to work with us? BS.

:roflmao:

Sky, did you initally DV them and did they completely validate the account?

FYI, you never made a promise to pay, (unless of course you did some other time) so they are just BSing you.

My policy is that I won't pay unless they delete. That is it.

If they are coming up with reasons why they can't, they obviously don't want their comission.

I am holding in my hand the "universal data form" which I got from a ca last week. I settled for deletion. In the upper left are 3 boxes- add, change and delete. The delete is checked on mine. They would not give me an agreement but they gave me this and a receipt showing 0 balance. I'm assuming this is the form all ca's and creditors use to report. Anyway it came off experian yesterday. Still need to check tu. It's an absolute CROCK when they tell you they can't remove. Whoever puts something on there can take it off just as easily. Keep fighting.

• 5 weeks later...

Ok so I wrote the letter Doc suggested and I got a reply back from the OC that said. Please refer communication to the CA you have already made 2 payments(true).Any way not sure where to go with this now. Should I try to contact a higher up at the CA and see if they want a pay for delete. After reading more on these boards it sounded like the CA was spouting CRA crap like obligation to report correct info ......Is there any other ideas out there??

O.k. I removed the other thread you started. Let's keep this one running instead to make it easier to keep track of.

They (the OC) wants nothing more to do with it? Then they sold it to the CA outright? If they contracted the CA third-party, they most certainly want something to do with it. If not, the CA now owns the debt, and you would be dealing with them directly.

OK here's what they sent

Dear Mr Skyfreak,

This is in response to your letter dated 2/28/2005. Unfortunately, we are no longer able to make any type of payment agreements or accept payments on your account as it was sent to collections in accordance with our letter of Oct 31, 2003.

Your account indicates that you have made 2 payments to Cal Coast Credit Collection. Paying off your account in full will reconcile your account.

Cal credit is located at blah, blah blah. Here is thier #. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our office.

Sincerely,

Troll in the making

Office manager

How big is this company? Office manager??? That's not the owner. For an office manager to say they're not interested in this account any more? That's a pretty ballsey thing to say with money that's not even his.

The OC contracts the CA to collect. That means the OC is still in control of the account.

I seriously question this "office manager's" ability to manage an office not even knowing that basic information. Idiot's probably turned away thousands in revenue just by blowing everyone off to their CA...

Oh... the receptionist told you. Bet you $5 she doesn't know jacksh*t about collections, the FDCPA or FCRA.

Write a letter to the dentist address it "Personal and Confidential". Explain what it means to have a collection on your report for 7 years over such a small amount and how the receptionist refused to accept your money.

You've got nothing to lose.

True. I'll give it a shot. I'll let you know what happens. Also, I have this OC that I paid. After I paid and received the receipt I disputed what the CA was reporting. I disputed with the big 3 and it all came back verified. So I sent a letter out to the CA to DV and they sent me a bill. By the way this is the first contact I've had with them other than the DV. I didn't send the DV CMRRR but I know they got it because I got a reply. Are they just stupid or what? Should I send another DV this time CMRRR or should I send a copy of the original or what?? This is the only thing so far that I have paid and it is not working out too well so far.

Send a letter to the OC asking they recall the collection and have them request the CA remove the negative information including inquiries.

Then report the CA to their state AG and the FTC for verifying false information to the CRA's even after DV'ing.

• 4 weeks later...