How to make EX remove old address ???

The Mountain

Called EX today to get old addresses removed. They woud not dispute or remove a couple of old addresses because they are associated with collection accounts. Anyone have any tips on how to get them delete these addresses? I noticed while searching the forums the idea of filing a complaint with the BBB and FTC about it then mailing a copy of the complaint to the bereau, but I imagine there has to be an easier faster way. Also I have one of those notices that one of my addresses is a non residential address, how should I go about getting that removed they refused to investigate it, thanks.

So they assumed that just because a CA had the information, it MUST be correct... :roll:

The only way to "make" a CRA do anything is to sue them - it seems to be the only language they understand.... but that takes a lot of time and resources...

Did you dispute the collection entries? Why would they (the CA) validate your wrong address?

havent disputed the collection entries as of yet, I was planning on getting my old addresses deleted , having only my current address on my reports, which the CA's do not know about, therefore making it a little harder for the CA's to validiate. I have noticed this stategy brought up a lot and it make sense