Something all of you need to understand

The purpose of the courts is not to be the new american lottery. That includes the JDB's and all of the CIC'ers. I don't think anyone here is telling you to go get rich. The purpose of the courts, stupid juries aside, is to right wrongs. Mostly it works, except for a few abuses.

The methods here on this board are not get rich quick schemes, nor are they a way for you to get away with stiffing creditors. What they are is a way to return a sense of fair play to an abused debt collection system. Is it fair that a $50 medical bill left unpaid by my insurance will cause me to pay $8000 more for my home? How does a bounced check at a supermarket justify my auto insurance going up by 35%?

It doesn't matter if you pay those bills. Once they go to a collection agency, the methods on this board are the only hope of fixing it. The credit and banking system are raping the American consumer, stealing his income and they are using the law to do it. In many cases, their activity is illegal, they know it is illegal, but they also know that it is profitable because most people don't know how to fight.

I have taken on over 50 different companies for myself and a few other friends/family members. Of those companies, I have nowfiled suit against 5 of them. Only one has gone to court. In every other case, the company has backed down and written me a check, either because they knew they were wrong or because they knew what they had done was questionable. Every company I took to court was given at least 4 chances to fix what they had done before suit was filed and chose not to.

I do not and will not run out and sue everyone simply becasue I can. I do it only after months of trying to fix the problem with no results. To those that think we are too litigious or that we are deadbeats ask yourself why the debt collection industry make billions every year and why every major bank in the country has a loan program designed for troubled creditors. It isn't because they are big hearted.

Yes, you definitely have rights. The CA's certainly violate us every chance that they get.

I think it's annoying to hear "lawsuit happy" posts. By "lawsuit happy", I mean people who know as little as I do talking about suing. For example, I think the people who are DVing OC's, do not belong in court. Are they going to get in front of the judge and tell the judge that the OC has violated the FDCPA??? I think the small things like that are annoying.

Actually, although it is a misnomer, DVing an OC is a good tactic. The FCRA states that when a furnisher knows of a dispute, they must mark it as disputed. That is 623(a). You can't sue for 623(a), but 623(B) states that they must investigate and fix errors when a CRA requests investigation. So, I DV them and then dispute with CRA. If they don't fix the 623(a) violations, they have just violated 623(B).

That is essentially how I beat Verizon.

Actually, although it is a misnomer, DVing an OC is a good tactic. The FCRA states that when a furnisher knows of a dispute, they must mark it as disputed. That is 623(a). You can't sue for 623(a), but 623(B) states that they must investigate and fix errors when a CRA requests investigation. So, I DV them and then dispute with CRA. If they don't fix the 623(a) violations, they have just violated 623(B).

That is essentially how I beat Verizon.

Don't forget the new section 609 amendments which requires a furnisher to provide copies of the application and transaction history within 30 days to any consumer disputing based on identity theft. A police theft report is only required if the furnisher specifically tells you they require it. Section 609 is actionable by the consumer if they fail to comply.