Got my judgment vacated against Citibank. Part 3. Need respo

Okay in the seemingly never ending saga of Me vs Citibank I am now moving to the next step. For background please see this link:

http://debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25763

Now in dealing with this case I notice I was informed about the Statue of Limitations, which in Illinois is 5yrs for open accounts, which this credit card is. Now in looking at my credit report, I seem to be confused here, according to the CRA's my last activity on these accounts were last year:

Account Number Lending Institution Date Opened Comment Date Last Reported

462120013627**** CITI 06/1999 - 08/2004

Que-Now based on the SOL information I read on this site it was:

When does the Statute of Limitations start?

You might be asking yourself, "It has been such a long time since my "open account" has had any activity. When does my Statute of Limitations started ticking." Use your credit report as a reference. Your credit report will tell you the date of last activity for your account. You will have your credit report with the date of last activity and a certified letter stating that the statute of limitations expired.

Que-Is the "last reported" the same as saying day of last activity? I hope not because it seems like Citi updated their report as of august 2004. Please answer this for me.

Que-Is the "last reported" the same as saying day of last activity? I hope not because it seems like Citi updated their report as of august 2004. Please answer this for me.

First, congrats on the vacation. No, last activity is not last reported. A creditor can report that there is no activity or no change in status.

First, congrats on the vacation. No, last activity is not last reported. A creditor can report that there is no activity or no change in status.

Que-Cool, so how would I know the date of last activity then from my current report? This only goes back 2 years. Also I do have older reports.

P.S. if Possible can I email you my credit report in obvious a private manner and have you help me inteprete it or should I just post some parts here?

Que-Cool, so how would I know the date of last activity then from my current report? This only goes back 2 years. Also I do have older reports.

P.S. if Possible can I email you my credit report in obvious a private manner and have you help me inteprete it or should I just post some parts here?

The bold and large section is the DOLA.

The bold and large section is the DOLA.

Que-So are you saying the DOLA is 6/1999? I called the creditor and they claimed that I made a payment in May of 03, which I hardly believe. So if it is 6/1999 then they are past the SOL which is 5 years right?

That would be my take on it. Even if you made a payment, if you didn't bring the account current you most likely did not re-set the DOLA.

My payment they claim was only about 42 dollars, that was hardly bringing the account current. So are you sure, because I thought that any payment on the account would reset the DOLA and the SOL. More opinions welcomed also. Thanks for you help also too.

No, no....the OP has 6/1999 listed as the Date Open....not the same as DOLA.

Is this listed on your Experian report? If so...you can tell the DOLA by the account history. You need to get a REAL report from them directly and then look under the general info. It will tell you when it was 30-days, 60-days, 90-days, etc. Take that last 30-day late and subtract 1 month. That's your DOLA.

Hi everyone,

Okay, as this saga continues, I have sent copies (faxed them w/ confirmation) to Citibank legal office showing the official court documents that my judgment was vacated using the FCRA, etc., as a reminder. I will also send this to the CRA's but I used this to speed up the process since they are the ones furnishing the info to the CRA's and they wouldn't obviously want to get into trouble for knowingly reporting wrong info.

So, even though my next court date is 4/7/05 basically this is a date in which I give status to what type of agreement I will come to with Citi or when I file my answer/ appearance with the court.

Since the judgment has now been vacated I was really thinking about DV'ing the collection agency (law firm) who brought the suit in the first place. I could say well, now that the judgment has been vacated, please show proof, yada yada (typical DV letter) that you are assigned or purchased this account, with typical DV lingo.

The reason I want to do this is to get the law firm out of the equation and that way, they wouldn't be able to continue to try and collect for Citi, since I know for a fact that they are only a 3rd party agency firm who collects for anybody who hires them. This would leave me to work with Citi's internal recovery unit, which I have dealt with and destroyed before with another account a few years ago. Comments, opinions, etc.