help w/CA account(s)???

HeartRN

Ok, I'll try not to confuse anyone, if possible. I have a CA, Credit Financial Services, who is attempting to collect on a hospital stay I had back in 5/2000. They have five different accounts for me. On a CR I pulled w/EQ back in 6/2004 they only had 3 listed, and their name was Credit Financial Services. Yesterday, I pulled another EQ, and they still have just those three account but are listed under CREDIT BUREAU OF DURHAM (not too deceptive), same account #'s, balances, dates as before.

I have collection letters from them dating back to 10/2004, always using the CFS name, but here's where they're confusing me. They aren't trying to collect the 3 accounts they are posting to CRA. They send one letter a month for the 2 other accounts they have but don't list with CRA, but the balance is combined. These two accounts are for $177 and $114, but their letters are for one total of $291.56. And one month they'll use Acct #123, the next month they'll use Acct#456. They alternate these two acct #'s every other month.

So after all this, my question is....which account should I DV them for first??

Additional info...the DOLA on these are all in 2001, SOL 3 years. They report all five accounts to TU under the name CREDBURSRV. Talk about multiple personality disorder!!!

Good advice Dive..keep it simple.

You may also want to look into the HIPPA laws, you can find a lot more information on the forum, I believe under the lawyer section, I got a reply on a post that directed me to letters to this organization and the OC because of privacy laws. I havent used them yet, I wasnt ready to attack this accout yet.

I have a balance of $214, over the SOL, so I do not have to worry about courts. But in your case, after you go with your round of disputes, and DV's, if you are unable to get them on a violation and leverage a deletion. I would suggest calling this CA and talking with them, be candid with the rep and tell them, you really do not have to worry about the debt because they can no longer legally collect the debt because it is past the SOL, try to conversate with the guy/girl and tell him thats funny, I do not rememeber having an outstanding balance with the hospital, but feel him/her out, see if you can hint them into suggessting you payoff the balance now, and tell them point blank, paying you does nothing for me, it will still show on my reports and will not make a difference so unless you send a letter stating a deletion then we haven no reason to discuss this. Of course we are not trying to pay the whole balance, so when he says well you have to pay $291.56, you just say I cant be certain this was the actuall balance, that is why I asked for verification of the debt which you did not provide in detail..would you pay a bill you were sure was correct? If you fax me the letter right now (if you dont have fax then mail it), I will pay you $75, see what they say. I would also try this at the end of the month because I have read a posting where they had called early in the month, didnt get much luck and then tried near the end and got a great settlement amount, someone had suggested because of the way CA get paid or the reps themselves, based on commissions and quota per month. Good Luck. :D