One baddie left! Any ideas?

Petunia

I have been working at cleaning up my credit reports for a long time now. And I only have one baddie left. A charge off with Cap1 on Experian. Transunion and Equifax are nice and clean.

I have tried disputing, writing to Cap1, everything I can think of. Any one have any good ideas to help me remove this? I was hoping it would go away by June, that's when we will be shopping for a mortgage.

Another question. Just checked out Transunion today and noticed that none of my newer CCs from last year are reporting to them. I thought that seemed strange. They show up on the other two. Is it strange?

Thanks for any help. Pet

I have a similar situation.... Experian is tough and Cap1 is even tougher...

Try to find any piece of your entry that is incorrect and hold them to confirming that specific. I find every time I read a report I find info to change both subtley and drastically. How old is the cap 1 entry and what is the amount in question?

Same for me, i had a collector talk me into paying a portion of it. Didn't know I could negotiate. Once again check every detail. Also check when the acct went to bad status. Make sure the date didn't change. Maybe it has been 7 yrs. Good luck

Has it been removed from the other reports or was it ever one those?

If it was removed from those, find where the Reporting agency sent you the letter stating that it was being removed, and send a copy to EX stating that EQ and TU came to different conclusion. Ask what their process was and documentaion to prove it.