Confused - Same day different scores

As if we all need another set of credit scores, but there's a thread somewhere on this site that explains that FICO sells different versions of software to their clients, one being the credit union version. It weights things differently. I would bet myFICO.com gives you a generic FICO score. So maybe the credit union FICO algorithm weighs something less favorably in your report than does myFICO algorithm. Just another possibility to consider why your scores varies.

Thanks JQ. That does stink. The only thing that makes me wonder about that is I have dropped my utilization from almost 200% to under 50% (reporting but paid off now), one charge off deleted and one charge off changed to 180 days late. My score would have only gone up 6 points with all of that. Doesn't seem to add up.

...There are more than one score model out there.

Fer sure, and Fair Isaac themselves sell more kinds of scores than you have fingers and toes aside from the single "Classic" FICO that you can buy for each of the 3 main CRAs' files on you.

Why should they both be from Equifax? the lender could be using Experian or Trans, which may have be different from your Equifax score.

Or they could have combined your scores and averaged it, best thing to do is ask the lender what reporting company(s) they go through. And what scoring model they use would be a good question I might ask.

G/L and keep your chin up I know its discouraging, I bet some day the same will happen to some of us, if not most of us at some point.