Monogram/ JCPenney Chargeoff

littletingoddess

I have a copy of Microsoft Money, and used it to pull a free Experian credit report. An old JCPenney card was listed as Paid, but charged off. According to their records, the chargeoff date was 9/04. The account was paid in full 10/03. I also noticed that the account number that they have listed is completely different from the number that was on the card. Which is my best avenue for having this TL deleted entirely?

FYI,

The FAKO score on this report was 722. I would still like to get the big, fat negative off my credit report, even though it's not really affecting my ability to get credit.

Thanks, ninetofive. I just don't get how they would delete it if I dispute it as not mine, considering the account has my name on it (misspelled) and I signed all the charges etc. Pardon my ignorance, I'm new to this kind of stuff!

P.S. Kentucky gal I am. From the home of Weapons of Mass Destruction, Richmond!

Well, the CRA will "investigate" the item. If JC doesn't answer or doesn't validate, then you might get lucky and get a delete. The CRA's aren't legally allowed to just list "alleged" debts on our reports. Creditors will have to prove to you any discrections, or prove that the acct even exists. If it comes back verified as your acct, wait 60 days and dispute it again but this time as "never late" or "wrong date", hopefully you will get the acct deleted entirely. Look up at the top at Debt Validation. BTW, you must be doing something right, your score is great.

Very close... I'm from the Lexington area. In hs we used to sneak off to drink in Richmond LOL :wink: