HELP !! Received letter from TU

tmac01

I received my green card back from TU on Feb. 22 and today I get a letter from them and this is what it said:

Our investigation of the dispute you submitted is now complete. The results are listed below and a new copy of your credit report is enclosed.

If our investigation has not resolved your dispute..bla..blah...blah

you may add a 100 word statement yo your report..blah..blah..blah

If there has been a change to your credit history resulting from our investigation..blah..blah..blah

And they just enclosed a copy of my credit report with nothing deleted.

What do or can I do from here ? Any help would be appreciated, thank you.....

The only place it says "UPDATED" is in this phrase:

If there has been a change to your credit history resulting from our investigation, or if you add a consumer statement, you may request that TU send an UPDATED report to those who received your report within the last two years for employment purposes, or within the last one year for any other purposes.

That is the only place I see Updated. Other than that there is no other words or phrases that tell me that they have done anything. They are telling me that in 10 days they were able to verify 10 credit reports and 8 inquires :evil: I don't think so...WHAT CAN I DO NOW or what should I do...Thanks guys...........

The only place it says "UPDATED" is in this phrase:

If there has been a change to your credit history resulting from our investigation, or if you add a consumer statement, you may request that TU send an UPDATED report to those who received your report within the last two years for employment purposes, or within the last one year for any other purposes.

That is the only place I see Updated. Other than that there is no other words or phrases that tell me that they have done anything. They are telling me that in 10 days they were able to verify 10 credit reports and 8 inquires :evil: I don't think so...WHAT CAN I DO NOW or what should I do...Thanks guys...........

I've never seen a report like this, are you absolutely sure that it is not verified or remains.

I am absolutely sure it doesn't say verified or remains anywhere on this letter. They are obviously lieing. Couldn't I follow up with a letter after 35 days from February 22nd ? I am so lost now because I have not seen anyone get this letter on this forum. I mean they did not say anywhere in the letter that they verified jack or updated at that. Any help is greatly appreciated..Thank You :)

You need to compare the report to a pervious one. They did this to me as well. Came back as "updated." The only thing updated was the date of last reporting by the furnisher. Everything else stayed the same.

In other words: They contacted the furnisher. The furnisher verified. TU changed the last reported date to match when the contacted the furnisher. Then said it was "updated."

This is a very shady tactic. It appears to fit the letter of the law, but defies the spirit of the law.

I had the same thing happen as the last person posted. When TU says...

"Our investigation of the dispute you submitted is now complete. The results are listed below and a new copy of your credit report is enclosed."

...they actually mean the results can be found in the attached credit report itself. I disputed addresses, and in that section, there was a little line that said "UPDATED ADDRESS". It was not that easy to find.

I would search through the credit report that they just sent you and carefully compare it to the pre-dispute report, focusing first on the disputed item(s).

Good luck.

Okay, I've got to stay focused. They only updated one credit report and the funny thing is that it was not even on my original credit as being reported to TU in other words they added it and another credit report from Midland Credit MNGMT as well. The one they updated and shows 2/2005 if from Jefferson Capital its a Fingerhut acct. There are alot of reports that show updated 1/2005 but I didn't even contact them until 2/2005. I looked at my report on PG as well and they still show all the old dates nothing updated. As for my inquiries under the section Regular Inquiries heres what it states:

" The following companies have received your credit report. Their inquiries remain on your credit report for two years "

Thats all it says, nothing about verifying them.. So whats my next move should I write them a letter when the 35 days is up and if so is their a link to the appropriate letter. Is it me or does this just look like a stall tactic ? You guys are the best , thank you for your help :)