How do I get a State Tax Lien Removed?

CreditDiva

How do I go about getting a State Tax Lien removed? It was originally filed in 3/1998, I finally was successful in getting TU to update it to Lien released status, by obtaining documents from the court myself and forwarding it to TU but cannot for the life of me get TU to delete it. It has dropped off EQ and EX. I was thinking of trying next a method of validation with TU? Any better suggestions that have worked?

yep..that seem to work with TU and EQ, EX just updated it to say lien released, and $0 balance..so I will have to keep at it...I don't understand why they have to be jerky about it ..and not just delete it off....I called them again and they said that will stay on there for another 7-5 yrs..maybe ..jeez..I wanted to tell the person that even people with sentences get appeals and paroled but I bit my toungue and politely hung up..so I can go research what she is saying further..