Law Offices of Mitchell N Kay / Plaza Associates

I_need_help

Plaza Associates is the CA for a credit card account. I sent Plaza a DV / limited C&D. No proper validation was received. Now 6 months later I get a letter from the Law Offices of Mitchell N Kay of Smithtown Ny and of NYC NY, offering a payment plan fo r 6 months, then to "disucss payment of the remaining balance due." The letter goes on then with a 50% settlement offer. Only one line saying "This communication is from a debt collector and is an attempt to collect a debt. Any information will be used for that purpose."

I have learned from searching this great forum that Mitchell N Kay is owned or is part of Plaza Associates, the first CA.

So my question is: Since they are owned by Plaza, is this letter a violation of the the DV?

I should DV Mitchell N. Kay anyway just to cover myself.

If they are part of the CA, then there certainly ARE violations here. Operating under another name, giving impression an attorney is involved, etc.

If they only work for the CA, then they have still violated by attempting to collect after a DV, as long as the DV was timely and for not giving the long version of the mini-miranda. (you have 30 days to dispute, blah, blah).

I am dealing with these idiots as well.

I dv'd witing 30 days of dunning letter,

I have sent 2 dv ltrs and just am getting the 3rd ready to send

I the only thing they sent to me was a few copies of stmts, apparetnly they don't have my sign on file anywhere.

I also have them on tape after the rec. limited c & d.

It is a cap one acct.

they send me 3 stmts @ mo with same acct # , then an a, b, or c after it.

all same amount, use different forms of my address on @ one.

I think I have them on a few violations, since they are still attempting to collect after dv ltr within 30 days. and their letter is on attorney letterhead and states is attempt to collect a debt, but also says no attorney has reviewed my account.

letter is trying to get me to accept another Cap 1 cc to transfer this balance to.

dv ltr getting ready to send points out all their violations, etc. and proof I have.

I have only sent dv to mitchell kay, nothing plaza, since this is crap 1 card acct.

rodeomom

I'm dealing with a Deborah Bolden at the "Law Offices of Mitchell N Kay"

They didn't validate properly either. One letter stated "At this point in time an attorney has not reviewed this case."

Are they even a law office? I want a class action !

after repeated req for dv,

rec. letter from mitchell kay, same Deborah Bolden as mentioned above

they are closing my file and returning it to the oc, crap 1.

I realize, will just probably send to another CA, and I'll dv over again.

But do consider it a small victory, that I chased off mitchell kay, they were morons and had them on several violations and was working on its to send when got the closure letter.

rodeomom

• 2 weeks later...

Victory! I got a response after sending the Wollman letter. It states in part:

"We have rec'd your recent correspondence. Please be advised that we are closing our file in this matter. Furthermore, we are forwarding your correspondence OC for handling.....any questions should be addressed to OC as we do not report to the credit bureaus in any form or fashion."

AWESOME!