Paid as agreed vs. deleted TL...please help!

CreditSuperstar

Okay folks,

In my battle vs. Verizon, I have come to a tentative agreement with their executive offices to avoid going to court. While they are unwilling to delete a tradeline they are receptive to "paid as agreed".

My question to the experts here...Is this almost as good as a deletion? How would I structure the wording of the agreement? I have read sample letters for deletion but not for paid as agreed.

I am thinking this would also show a longer credit history if I do it this way. Please help.

FCS

dive-

thats what i thought- however, their executive office just called back-did you deal with a girl named Renata? they are now offering only settled or paid in full. I told her it's not in my interest to do so...

She did say she's taking a personal interest in the case, but who knows...

Finally, she said they DO have a copy of the contract. Didn't they tell you the same thing? I asked her to mail me a copy.

Looks like court is the only answer...

FCS

Paid or settled in full will still reflect a serious delinquency that you paid, just as bad as a paid collection. You are getting the EXACT same thing I did. They play like they are going to cooperate, and then call you back and say they can't. Then they tell you they have a copy of the contract.

I beat it by filing suit under Florida law and the FCRA for the violations I had and then about 10 days before trial, I called and offered settlement for about $300, cessation of collection and deletion. They took it.

Dive-

Thanks man. I am wondering if you spoke to Renada Lewis at their executive offices? She told me that the reason they can't delete or list it as paid in full is because they would be admitting a mistake.

It's strange though because they CALL you to try and make the deal THEY want, without going to court. They KNOW (by the letter I sent them) that I will not take a paid collection. My point is, why do they even bother calling? Is it that they simply don't think a consumer has the quejones to sue them?

I am trying one more email to this Renada girl (she just gave it to me), as well as some Verizon execs. I don't have their names yet, but I do have their email format. If I don't get any love, I am going to file the suit.

Thx again,

FCS