Question about credit report

mollydog

I have been reading here for months. Today I pulled my credit reports. I would like to boost my scores. Right now they are around 625. The biggest problem is high utilization. I joined a debt consolidation company in 2002. I withdrew about a year ago. All accounts are reading pays as agreed. There are no COs or collections. All accounts are closed but current. There are several lates around Nov2002 till spring 2003. So here is my question. - I can't see anything that would mark my account as being part of a debt consolidation. Where would that notation be? All items are shown as "closed at consumer's request" Which is correct. Under creditor classification it is blank with all 3 bureaus. There are no comments. So am I good? Next, I have 2 recent (last month) hard inquiries for phone service. How many months till this stops effecting the score so hard?

So is my gameplan to try to get some open credit lines? An AU is not possible at this time.

He meant if you can't get an unsecured credit card, go secured - keep the utilization down below 30-35% on ANY credit card you have.

You don't want any information regarding debt consolodation to show up on your reports - it's not a positive mark. Consider yourself fortunate.

Hard inquiries stick for 2 years.

Your gameplan should be to continue to pay down your current balances and continue to clean up your credit (lates), then open new lines of credit with the idea that you can transfer balances from the higher APR cards.

Simply opening a new line of credit will not help.