Getting old items removed.... HELP

credit-nightmare

Im not sure exactly if I should post this here or under collections ? but I will try here first.

OK , I pulled my credit reports :( and alot of my old information is still on there. quick run down...

Credit card opened 1998 says CLOSED last reported 2002

CC opened 1999 CLOSED last reported 2002

CCopened 1998 CLOSED last reported 2001

CC opened 1998 CLOSED last reported 2001

Then one CC ( Macys) says opened 1997 OPEN last reported 2005 , but I dont have this card anymore and was told over a year ago it was closed.

So my first question...can I have Macys deleted for inaccurate info ? if so do I send a valadation. I was told on the phone it was closed over a year ago.

Secondly , all the others were just closed by me, they don't say collections or settled . just closed and current and the amount of time they had been past due. Since I paid them all off years ago without collections or settlement , how do I go about just getting them off my CR ? Do I send a valadation or what ?Will they just ignore it and let it come off because they dont really care now either way ?

My last question is about a CC ( Bank of America) it was opened 2002 still reporting but it is closed. It says I am autho. user .How do I do this one ? valadation ?and since its on spouses CR also as his account should I do a validation for him first ?

thank you....Like my name says my CREDIT NIGHTMARE has just begun. Im new to this but hopefull I can fix it :D

I am sure of of the mods or learned ones can jump .but here is my two cents worth

If your old information is good.ie nothing derogatry you may want to leave a couple there..it established history

Last reported - means they reported to CRA, but not exactly last date of activity on the acct..

I would prob. def get the current/open ones that changed to closed...I got some of my older accounts from 1987 deleted by just requesting it..and next time I went in and **poof** gone...

Bump

Wanted to add that I also have paid cc's that are closed, but should I get them off or just leave them on, I assume they are low on my list for affecting my credit score.

But according to PG two of the closed cards on my account are affecting my score 'moderately' - I don't know if that is back or good? They are affecting EX which has the higher score.

First question is: Is Macy's showing any bad info (ie late pays, charge off)?

If not then leave it alone. If it is a positive account then it will help your credit score by showing open and 7+ years of history.

If it does have negative info then you have to weight the odds of deleting it. If you do delete it your score may drop for a short period of time. If you can stand the drop in your score for this period of time then by all means try to delete the account. A clean report is always the top goal.

I would dispute the bad accounts with the CRAs. Try the different options that best suit your case. Do a search on disputes.

Good luck.

The Macys says Open / current was 60 days past due and then it shows the lates which are listed as 4 lates between 98-99 and two 60 lates in 99-2000 and then balance history from 03-05 as 0 so I guess it wouldn't hurt to get it off there with all those lates

I have two joint accounts that are from 97 also to establish history . They are paid NEVER late , not even one 30 day late ( Can you tell my mom handles that bill :) My mom has excellent credit she has never had a late on anything. I somehow don't think I got the "good credit " gene :) But Hey ...Im trying

I am going to dispute this one and another CC that has me as AU and has all the lates on my CR that DH has on his ( Its his card)

Im not sure exactly if I should post this here or under collections ? but I will try here first.

OK , I pulled my credit reports :( and alot of my old information is still on there. quick run down...

Credit card opened 1998 says CLOSED last reported 2002

CC opened 1999 CLOSED last reported 2002

CCopened 1998 CLOSED last reported 2001

CC opened 1998 CLOSED last reported 2001

Then one CC ( Macys) says opened 1997 OPEN last reported 2005 , but I dont have this card anymore and was told over a year ago it was closed.

So my first question...can I have Macys deleted for inaccurate info ? if so do I send a valadation. I was told on the phone it was closed over a year ago.

Secondly , all the others were just closed by me, they don't say collections or settled . just closed and current and the amount of time they had been past due. Since I paid them all off years ago without collections or settlement , how do I go about just getting them off my CR ? Do I send a valadation or what ?Will they just ignore it and let it come off because they dont really care now either way ?

My last question is about a CC ( Bank of America) it was opened 2002 still reporting but it is closed. It says I am autho. user .How do I do this one ? valadation ?and since its on spouses CR also as his account should I do a validation for him first ?

thank you....Like my name says my CREDIT NIGHTMARE has just begun. Im new to this but hopefull I can fix it :D

Dispute anything negative as "not mine" to begin with. You can try the Macy's and BA like that. Dispute everything first, if they come back verified you can start asking for acct info and dving.

I wouldn't recommend disputing positive tradelines.. is there a reason you want to do that? They are history on your report. IF they are with the OC and are positive, leave those alone.

NO , I wouldn't dispute the good TL :) I need all the good I can get !

I will just dispute Macys , It has alot of lates on it , even though they were a while ago there are about 7 lates of varing days 30/60 . I will also do not mine , im just a AU on BA .

Believe me I will leave the good ones alone :!: I will try not mine before I do anything else.. Its hard getting started , SO MUCH info. to try to read thru , but I think bit by bit I am learning.