Collections accounts not on credit report

berries1101

Very good question, carefully proceed on it.

The only input I can offer is if it were me I would personally DV if they are with in the SOL and if they are recent notices they sent you. It could indicate that they are gearing up to report you if you do not address the accounts, I would say if they are old accounts and your aware of them it could be a totally different story the CA could be dufunct already this happens often, if I know a collection debt has been sold and someone new has it and they are coming after me for it, I usually strong arm them with a DV letter and points and authorities of about any mistake they make which is detrimental to my good credit standing will surely result in me naming them in a legal suit.

I'm personally not afraid to threaten them because I can type, download forms and file paperwork.

Other people have tried the approach of settling the debts with an agreement to delete or in your case not/never report the accounts in question as part of the settlement agreement.

G/L

I would say the first thing to do is see if the OC has sold or assigned the debt to a CA. If they still have the debt in their possession or have assigned the debt, you have a better chance of settling for delete. Who is the OC