Is it just me?

divemedic

Ever since I have started paying attention to my CR, I keep noticing the little ways everyone is nickle and diming me to death. My friends and family think I am paranoid.

For example, I noticed the other day that one of the local utilities is billing me a $5 late fee. I go to my bank's website, look at the electronic copy of the check and the rear of it shows it being deposited in their bank 5 days before it posted. During those 5 days, I was charged a late fee. This has been going on as far back as I can look at the checks.

I wonder is it just me, or am I now more aware? Now that my eyes have been opened, can I see that the emporer has no clothes? Or is this just a coincidence?

It's no coincidence. A major part of Providians huge class action was them witholding payments in order to charge a late fee.

Think of it this way - how many people are going to pay attention to $5? (ie: your friends). Multiply this by the number of customers who aren't paying attention (say...100,000). You do the math.

Ever since I have started paying attention to my CR, I keep noticing the little ways everyone is nickle and diming me to death. My friends and family think I am paranoid.

My opinion is most of us as consumers often get nickle, dimed and dinged left and right, its only until we become aware of it; that we take frugal notice of it.

I've had probably 25+ errors in the last 7 years between my bank account, utility bills, even paychecks and ironically not one in my favor, go figure. A wise old owl (my mother) once told me to check all of my bills for errors regularly, and I think I understand why now.

I hate to bring this up or even mention it but our education system produced some real duds out there and those who were dud-level -10 went into the administrative fields – like banking and CC credit departments. Of course, after one is sent to jail for stealing then they make them collection agents.

Back after we moved and started with a new power company we would either go there and pay in person or send them a check. Yo, one nice lady was so excited about their new electronic billing that we signed up, using her recommendation. Well, big mistake. The first time we were billed, it was twice – double billed. We called, they will take care of it. They removed the monthly e-payment TWICE! We drove out the to tell them. All will be well again. The next day her comes a guy to shut off our power! “Hold on here, “ I said. “Look at this billing statement where it says no past due, payment received, yada, yada, yada.” We then got off their e-billing and ever since it has been good.

Look them straight in the eye and YELLl! :twisted:

Hello Everyone,

I have something to add Sprint PCS, nickels and dimes you also, people don't know they charge you a $1.00 if you sign up with their phone service during a certain time of the month, or around a odd billing cycle is what the rep told my DH when he called them on it. So let's multiply that by 1 million people who have their service. We demanded a refund the rep thought we were being petty, but it is the principal here!!!

Same here.

Signed up with the local cable company for thier digital phone.

We had been a cable customer for 10+ years. They said we need to check your credit to determine deposit (being a current customer doesn't count - NO its a different department), no install fee will be charged, combined billing, cable, phone, internet, blah, blah, blah.....

To make a long story short, it took 4 months to get the billing straight, to take off the inside wiring insurance (suppost to be free) and to combine the bills into a package price.

Yeah MOM use to tell me to check bank statements, bills, etc... every month. It's funny how now I do that. Something to teach my kids. LOL

Yeah,

I ordered a spinner bike for Christmas. After I placed the order they told me 6 weeks for delivery. It was in production. I cancelled because it was a Christmas gift.

All set right? WRONG. They billed me the 1st payment of $75.90 in February. I am threatening them and calling them almost daily. SUPPOSED to be resolved this week.

Anyone know if I could take them to court and get MORE from them than just the $75.90?

I hate these companies!

FCS