Please help with Judgements please

chewy_fett

Ok, we have 3 judgements on our CR. One from an apartment, one from a department store, and one from a credit card. I really want to get these removed, especially the one from the apartment. They were filed in Virginia, so the SOL will be up in 2006.

What is the best action to take to get these removed? If I send a settlement offer and they accept, will they be completely removed from our report?

I have read through so many posts here, the more I read, the more confused I get.

Thank you so much in advance!

I understand how the SOL works for judgements. In virginia, it is 8 years from date filed. These were filed in 1998, so, the SOL is up in 2006. However, I understand that with a judgement they can always legally come after you for it.

This is the reason I want this cleared up, so, whats the best way to handle judgements? I cannot file to have it vacated, in Virginia, all they have to do is say they mailed summons in the mail.