DV once? twice?

CreditSuperstar

I am almost at the point where the CA's either validate or don't. I have also disputed with the CRA's. I've read many peoples methods for DV and I have seen conflicting methods.

Some people say to DV twice. In fact most say this. However, some people say NEVER DV twice. Can someone clarify what is best?

I am under the impression that I SHOULD DV twice in order to rack up rereporting violations. Obviously I will continue to dispute with the CRA's as well.

Thanks everyone.

FCS

Hi Future

I have been at this for about 5 months now, what I have learned some collection agencies with bow down and delete your tradeline after 1 DV letter. Now the other hardball collection agencies I would suggest at least 2 the second one being strongly worded and giving them less time to respond like 7 days, and stating the dollar$ amount to send you when they send you the check.

Then after that send THE FINAL INTENT TO SUE LETTER with a copy of a complaint form attached (meaning you are not playing)

But always remember you have to be ready to sue, and have your ducks in a row.

If it is a small collection agency they will cave in after the 1st or 2nd letter, 9 times out of ten they don't want any problems.

But the big giant CA's that they talk about on this board, are harder but not unbeatable. Remember everyone here has their on experience and what they did, No one is right or wrong as far as technique, so use your judgement, as far as your conversations with collection agencies and the letters that they send you.

To start I would use a combination, on the BIG DOG COLLECTION AGENCY, I would try DV them a couple of times, to rack up violations, the more you have the better in the end, they will end of deleting.

The smaller agencies it shouldn't be that hard and especially if it is a PAID COLLECTION.

Hope that helps, if anyone want to add, plz do :o:o

The more violations, the better off you are:

FDCPA

(B) In determining the amount of liability in any action under subsection (a), the court shall consider, among other relevant factors --

(1) in any individual action under subsection (a)(2)(A), the frequency and persistence of noncompliance by the debt collector, the nature of such noncompliance, and the extent to which such noncompliance was intentional; or

From the FCRA

(a) In general. Any person who willfully fails to comply with any requirement imposed under this title with respect to any consumer is liable to that consumer in an amount equal to the sum of

(a) In general. Any person who is negligent in failing to comply with any requirement imposed under this title with respect to any consumer is liable to that consumer in an amount equal to the sum of

Get the point? They can use the "it was not willingly" defense. But with multiple DV's......

I always go with the three strikes rule.

I DV three times. and spread it out a bit. give them a chance to act in good faith and shows you are acting in good faith. That's what will count. If you DV 3 times in 3 months, it won't mean as much as DVing 3 times over 9 months. I know most people want a quick fix, but there isn't always one.

Right now I have an ethics complaint lodged against Arrow with ACA. I have them NAILED. I have proof of 3 DV's and 4 continued collection letters along with updating on credit reports.

I say be in it for the long hall and it does sort of become a "hobby". Sad. huh? But it does work.

My vote.... 3 strikes over 9 months.

Did you like the letter?

I really made it hard for them to say "HUH?? WHAT?? We didn't do ANYTHING wrong." They now have 10 days to respond to the ACA or they are put in front of the Ethics committee.

The best thing, I have found, is to use thier own system against them. Collectors as a whole don't like the image they have, so they are trying to clean it up. Not all collection agencies are monsters LOL. There are a few Big Dogs that give the others a bad name. ACA helps to monitor them an they have a whole system set up for consumers. If you have done your work, they will act as mediator. We shall see! I'll know in 10 days!

Future:

My DVing has worked my scores has risen at least 15-20 points with each collection I got removed. These folks are great on this site. I have not had to think about sueing anyone yet, because the collection agency deleted the TL after receiving the letters. But I agree with most of the answer you have gotten so far, the more violations the better the chance for your ultimate goal of deletion. :D:D

I will post the letter as soon as I locate it. Be COOL :o:o