False Judgement reported to CRA

calpine34

Another question for the experts here. I pulled a bureau and found a civil judgement listed from a local small CA. I called down to the court house to see what it was and they had no record of anything being filed by said CA, nor was I ever served or received any notification of a judgement. The judgement didn't exist.

The mysterious "judgement" entry disappered the next month when I pulled my bureau again. Can I sue the CA for something blatant like that? They've been a real pain in my side and I'd lkove to give them a dose of thier own medicine for a change. In my mind it was harrasment, but then again I don't understand these people and what they do.

If you have it in hard-copy form, I'd file a small-claims on the CA and make them come to your home town to explain what they did in front of a judge. Get soemthing in writing from the courthouse on the non-existance of the judgement (send a letter asking for a written reply--don't call. Clerks are skittish about giving out written statement based on phone calls).

Great idea! Thanks! I have a copy of my burea showing the "judgment" so I guess that would suffice. I will write to the court today to get that letter from them.

As for making them come to town, the CA is local. Can I ask the CRA to make an apperance or just the CA. Is there any money to be had here? Having just gone thorugh a divorce, I can use the funding to pay off some bills. Should I dispute the entry at this point or would that tip my hand?

SHould I tell the BBB also or the state Atty General. These guys are really scummy.

All there is here is a $1000 statutory damage claim that I can see. You would have to have been declined credit to seek actual damages which also has the higher burden of showing the severity of the injury.

This is about righting wrongs and making repeat offenders pay a price for abusing consumers...not about making some extra bucks. Judges will see it that way as well. The judgement you may obtain is a destination, not the path.

I undertsand that itys about righting wrongs. I have been wronged and been paying a price for the wrong they committed when I did the honorable thing and paid my debt, I figure that I am entitled to damages of some sort and they should not get off scott free so to speak is all.

On a side note, I come to find out that Cavalry Portfolio did the same thing to me a month prior. I found this out when I was researching the other matter. Now what to do with cavalry P.

If you have it in hard-copy form, I'd file a small-claims on the CA and make them come to your home town to explain what they did in front of a judge. Get soemthing in writing from the courthouse on the non-existance of the judgement (send a letter asking for a written reply--don't call. Clerks are skittish about giving out written statement based on phone calls).

What are you suggesting they sue under...FCRA?

Unless they have first disputed the item, they can't sue for FCRA 623(B).