calls at work

codename_fortyseven

Ive noticed many people lamet that CA's or creditors have called them at work. Pardon my ignorance, but why in the world do you give out your work number? Does discover have a reason to call Jimmy the plumber at work? I don't think so.

I never give out my work number and at best a cell phone.

I guess my question is did you give it out or did they just find it?

The last credit card I appied for online called me immediately on my celphone to verify the info. It was Orchard Bank credit card. I don't care because I don't owe anyone money, but I suspect had I not picked up the phone and verified it was me they may have delayed or denied my application. And I don't have a "home phone", like many people. So now, my cellphone is listed-

Maybe others have the same situation

In an attempt to cause a consumer to pay a debt, they will contact your work in hopes of causing you to pay now. Many creditors will already have your place of employment as when you opened the account, many times you are asked where you work for verification of income. And, when they call your home and you do not answer or call back after reading their messages, they use this as a way to talk to you. It is just one of their gimmicks to get paid. The best way to stop this is to send them a limited C&D telling htem to contact you by US Snail Mail only.