Is score from Experian a FICO or FAKO?

Mannerheim

You CAN't buy a FICO score from EX as of this writing.

You CAN buy a FICO score from EQ or TU (just make sure you go to the right link for true FICO at TU) for $14.95. BUT, I'm unaware of any discounts at those sites like you can use for myFICO.com (and posted elswhere in these forums), where you can buy all 3 FICOs as low as $11.96 each.

I think the plus score from Experian is the similar to what you would get from a FICO, it has a range top off of 830 instead of 850 so if you get a 725 on your Experian Plus score directly from Experian its probably with in 10-20 points of a real FICO, on the other hand if you order a FAKO from PG, TrueCredit, or one of the others they heavily skew the scores sometimes, I would personally expect as much as 50 - 75 (maybe 100 in some rare cases) of an actual difference from the FICO.

Also as some have pointed out here, there are several versions of the FICO and evidently they are creating more, so what we see even from MYFICO and what a lender sees yet again can be as much as 25-50 or more points different.

Anyone know the crazy lady who calls them Snake Oil scores? Apparently she used to be a lender of some kind at one time or another. Personally I never believe everything I hear or read, I gather data and make my own assessment. :wink: Keyword being assessment, not assumption mind you.

That 10-20 point difference is sometimes the difference between approval or denial. I also don't believe everything I read. In this case it is the scores from sources who pretend that they are giving you a score that lenders will use. What we do know is that lenders use FICO score more than any other scoring model. But what we don't know is who are the lenders that are looking for your "Experian Plus Score".

FAKO scores do have a purpose. I use my PG scores to track my progress. But I don't rely on them to apply for CC. But that is why I am paying PG $1 for 2 months of FAKO's. What I think the OP was trying to figure out was if he had paid $9.95 for a score that no lender would care about. And the answer is affirmative. Hence we call it a FAKO. Just a tad more expensive FAKO.

I'm with ya dodger, I think the plus score is only 5 bucks though and you can order it with out the credit report fee's, just log back in here

http://www.experian.com/rd_personal/ps_reviewreport_redir.html

you'll need your previous report number,

My point was this the Experian plus score is probably a lot closer to a true FICO scoring model than the FAKO's you would see from the subsidiary or affiliate companies, even Experian’s CreditExpert, If they are anything like TransUnions Truecrdit you dealing with a serious 3 dollar bills.

Hey anyone know that the Experian reports update real time? pretty damn cool I.M.O. theirs is the only one that doesn't remain static from the time its pulled.

And everyone bashes them for non-indigenous reasons. I wouldn't give them props, but I would rate them as much more professional and standup than TransUnion, any day of the week based on my personal experience alone disregarding any propaganda I have viewed.

You CAN't buy a FICO score from EX as of this writing.

You CAN buy a FICO score from EQ or TU (just make sure you go to the right link for true FICO at TU) for $14.95. BUT, I'm unaware of any discounts at those sites like you can use for myFICO.com (and posted elswhere in these forums), where you can buy all 3 FICOs as low as $11.96 each.

Are you reading the replies? as croft points out you can buy a FICO directly from Equifax and TransUnion, the FICO is the only Scoring system that Equifax use's its the same exact thing as myfico's.

TransUnion's is here

https://www.transunioncs.com/TCSWeb/entry/home.do

About the link above... if you have a fraud alert

They will give you a serious run around when you call customer support to authenticate your identity. I have a theory as to why they do this, and I believe what they are doing is illegal, but with out having solid factual evidence I can only mention that I feel they make a larger percentage of profit by keeping people at other sites such as say TrueCredit. You can have them verify and authenticate your identity at the above link for a TransUnion FICO with a fraud alert on your report, I know this for a fact because I have done it. As far as an Experian FICO, you may just have to settle for the PLUS score for a while on that one, if you read my input and I think it's fairly accurate you may be satisfied with the plus score.

Heres the Equifax link for everyone else;

https://www.econsumer.equifax.com/consumer/sitepage.ehtml?forward=cps_detail