Got a verbal agreement for a delete..no letter until pay??

Champion80

Hey guys and gals, I have negotiated a new deletion on a $67 balance Collection, this particular company is called Money Control, based out of Riverside, California.

I am going to pay this debt, it was for my SBC phone bill my ex-roomates didnt pay after I moved 3 years ago, they kept the phone in my name the whole time, and when they figured, hey I dont have money to pay, they didnt pay.

Anyway, So I faxed over credit card statements dating back before the collection, the manager agreed to delete the account upon payment. I havent spoken with him yet, he was out to lunch, I asked her to fax me the letter before I payed. She is rather clueless and said why would we give you a letter for something isnt paid, while this makes sense in most cases, I spent 10 minutes discussing with her why I should get it beforehand, I even read a letter to her from my last deletion that states "if the balance is not paid by XX/XX/XXXX", this agreement is void. So I told her for my protection to have a paper trail, I need the letter. She was so bitchy, she says, well I will just have Jesse call you when he gets back from lunch (supervisor). I just wanted to check with you guys, I do not think I will have a problem getting the supervisor to understand my side, they also want me to send the money western union.

Thoughts 8-)

After this deletion, my EX report will be 100% clean!! :D

Hold your ground. If they want paid, they should agree. Especially since you quote about the transaction being void if you fail to pay by a certain date. Just be sure and stress that WU can sometimes take an extra day depending on the time you sent the money. I know from when we have sent a CC some money this way, if we sent before 10:30 AM, it would post the same day, but, if after, it posted the next day.

Well ladies and Gents, I am proud to announce, another deletion, I have the letter in hand signed by the supervisor. I want to thank you all again for your great advice, and I look forward to helping the newbs start and complete their credit journey. :D

I want to personally thank you Retmar, I searched a lot of your posts and appreciate all you sound advice.

These scores below are not reflecting a couple deletions, so once I get my updated reports, I may be in the 700 club on at least 1 CR!!! :shock: